There are times in life when only the best will do and, although I'm sad to say I'm not one of them, there are anglers out there well off enough to blow the best part of £500 on a reel. Good luck to you, I say. It's a bit like the car industry, I reckon; we need the top-end stuff, as it's the technology from these reels that will eventually flow down to the more 'average price' fishing tackle.
There is no doubt that the Penn TRQ Spin 5000 Gold Reel is a beautiful bit of equipment. Just looking at this reel is enough to make many an angler weak at the knees!
Here's what the seller has to say about it:
- Fully sealed and waterproof drag and gear box
- HT-100 powered dual (Slammer) Front drag system (20+kg)
- Machined stainless steel pinion/marine-grade bronze main gear
- Stainless steel manual/automatic bail system
- Triple supported titanium main shaft
- 5000,7000 & 9000 size
- Full metal body
- Forged & Machined aluminium spool, sideplates & one-piece handle
- 7+1 sealed bearings
A new addition to the International range of reels, Penn are proud to present the most powerful spinning reel on the market. The HT powered dual drag system can provide up to 20+kg (9000 size) of silky smooth drag! These reels look as good and rich as a fully forged and machined reel, but will be more affordable due to the extruded frame. Features machined aluminium frame, sidecovers, rotor and spool.
At the time of writing, this reel was being sold with a massive 99p discount (and yes, although true, that was a tongue-in-cheek comment!). CLICK HERE for more details.