Snatchers week tackle trade

Glasgowdan

Hi guys, Im hoping to head down for a day or two in june, and wondered if anyone might be interested in trading up anything... I know i personally am looking for a couple of casting reels, penns hopefully, and could probably find a bunch of things I dont need. If we had enough items we could turn it into a small tackle auction for an hour or two one evening... anyone interested in this?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Glasgowdan,will have all of my fishing gear up to the caravan by June but cannot think of anything I need to part with at the mo. Its a good idea though.

How are you off for bass and pollack flies cos I know a guy at Drummore who might sell some to you

Looking forward to meeting you all in June team. Please do not tell my missis how many folk may be kipping in the caravan though!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Glasgowdan just boating for tope with Ian Burrett on Thurs 23June. We are all shore chuckers mate.

I will be popping/flyfishing for bass. Will have a go for the mullet on light gear as well. May well have at least half a day for tope off the shore so that means a few hours at the end of the Mull for mackerel the day before. Also partial to spinning for pollack off the rocks and float fishing for wrasse. There is also conger from the shore and a loch fairly close with large pike and perch in. There are also trout lakes closeby

The rest of the crew are the same when you can prise them away from the bar!

If you are not familiar with the local marks we will keep you right. Bring it on

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

No bother... Ill probably have a penn 535 and a 25gls boat reel to get rid of...

Ill bring an array of tackle for a bit of everything then, it will just be the weekend im about but im sure that will be long enough to show you all how to fish!

Snatcher what kind of rod/reel do you use for the poppers/flies you make? Ive been experimenting with a small multiplier and a light spinning rod using surface poppers ready for the warmer weather. I figured it would be good casting practice for me with a multiplier :P Do you use a similar set up for the saltwater flies? or do i need to invest in a fly rod/reel as well? Dang this fishing hobby is expensive :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

You can always use a small bubble float with a fly 5-6 feet behind it skippy, to save buying a fly rod and reel.

It is a good way to get a fly out that bit further.

Years ago I used a jif lemom with a redgill behind it, deadly

Skippy good advice from Manxman. Try conroller floats in different sizes as well. Tight lines.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...

That Penn 525 Mag(new)is now £75.I shall have a good selection of Duel Aile Mag and Yo-Zuri bass lures with me if anyone is interested a percentage of the cost going to the RNLI.

Safety habits last a lifetime.