pendle view

carl bithell

Hi all can anyone give me some advice on what bait (boilies) to use on pendle view and what pegs should i try to get on , i have just come back from 48 hrs there and all i caught was bream i was using pinnapple , halibut , strawberry , whiskey , boilies all 15 mil . but had nothing i was fishing on pegs 87/88 near the boat house.

I am intending to go back there in about a week or so so if anyone can give me some tips i would be greatful.

Was anyone else catching? The carp might not have been very active.

Is there a reason you will only consider boilies? Other baits will greatly outfish them at times.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Was anyone else catching? The carp might not have been very active.

Is there a reason you will only consider boilies? Other baits will greatly outfish them at times.

the weather was quite rough there was a strong wind , but there were a group on the pegs just outside the site office and they had a 27 and a 29lb out , all myself and my mate had was bream.

I am fairly new to the carp fishing scene as i come mainly from coarse fishing , my friend has been carping for a few years and he normally does very well, the biggest carp i had was 19 1/2 lb but that was a couple of years ago when i dabbled.

And as for the boilies i tried fake corn as well , but still only got bream, any advice would be gratefully accepted.

I've fished Pendle View a couple of times, what I'd do if I were you is find out what bait is going into the water most and fish with that on at least one rod. On the other rod try something different like a big pellet.

Something I always do on busy waters like that is use different rigs to the norm for the water - if they're all using semi-fixed bolt rigs try a running rig.

If you're looking at the lake from the dam end there's a good peg on the right hand side where the stream enters the Lake.

Also, fish the margins and certainly no more than a third out as the middle of the lake is full of stinking Silt that the fish don't like.

I've fished Pendle View a couple of times, what I'd do if I were you is find out what bait is going into the water most and fish with that on at least one rod. On the other rod try something different like a big pellet.

Something I always do on busy waters like that is use different rigs to the norm for the water - if they're all using semi-fixed bolt rigs try a running rig.

If you're looking at the lake from the dam end there's a good peg on the right hand side where the stream enters the Lake.

Also, fish the margins and certainly no more than a third out as the middle of the lake is full of stinking Silt that the fish don't like.

Thanks rob

if you are at the dam end you have the boat house on your right and then you have peg 89 and then the double peg on the right of the boat house which is 87/88 which is the one we fished from , my mate fished slightly to the right and about 40 yards out or so in front of the boat house ,i fished about the same out again but in front of the pegs we were on and i had 1 rod out to the right about 40 yards in the small basin .

I am going again on wednesday for another couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...

Have u considered trying different shape boilies???

Are even going onton particle baits on ur hook bait????

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

• 11 months later...
Hi all can anyone give me some advice on what bait (boilies) to use on pendle view and what pegs should i try to get on , i have just come back from 48 hrs there and all i caught was bream i was using pinnapple , halibut , strawberry , whiskey , boilies all 15 mil . but had nothing i was fishing on pegs 87/88 near the boat house.

I am intending to go back there in about a week or so so if anyone can give me some tips i would be greatful.

hi carl if you go on there web site and go on the blogs you will see a guy called phil a good mate of mine and a pendle regular .he is actually the guy on there leaflet with the large common.hes agreat angler and as his blog says is always wiiling to help.i myself will be visiting soon for a 48hr session so will post my results i am also a former organiser and instructor of the north west junior carp fish-in so am always happy to help .location is the main key to successsful angling although i appreciate it can be difficult on a busy day ticket water to get anywhere near the fish if swims are taken .as for bait boilies are not the only bait try maize pepprami halibut pellets wrap them in paste to be different trim down your boilies or try the dumbell shapes nash richworth and mainline now produce.keep a check on the weather use met check input the postcode for pendle then on the hobbies section click fishing and it will give you all you need to know hope this hasnt complicated things for you to much but we all blank from time to time but always try to learn from your session ps dont know if its allowed but have you tried ground bait of any description to? try solar bag mix if you can get hold of it

• 2 years later...

when i go to pendle veiw,i allways use a zig rig,and if possible get near the wall,i use the dynamite the green ones i dont now if they make them anymore,i think they are called zest,because i bought about six tubs and put in a bag and mixed them with the liquid.and i get at least one or more a trip

It's highly unlikely, but you could try pop-ups? In those conditions the fish are skittish, but you could try a groundbait feeder and legering with a "double conker" boilie set-up, or even bread, with a good splattering of crumb in the catchment area???? Carp love alsorts of bait, I'm surprised you didn't get a bite.

Tell me if I'm wrong, fella's?

LR