Latest Report outlining DEFRA's future Intentions

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i can see (and maybe i am missing something) thats your lot for sfc's ie, one member or two on some,a done deal with the bass mls,oh and the price for such incredible changes the introduction of the sea rod license.

please enlighten me leon on the rest, i cant see any real substance, only for the commercial industry

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I think it is only fair that the commerial fishing industry has to pay the running costs for the administration of its own industry.

It costs the taxpayer something like 10,000 pounds per year for every commercial fisherman. Why should the taxe payer pick up the bill?

I have to pay three annual fees to keep my charter boat licenses

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Guest NickInTheNorth

You might not want it, but you most certainly need it. If the commercial sector was not tightly regulated the sea would be empty.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Sorry Stavey, but when commercials come along and tell me that they don't need the admin I disagree. I am fully insupport of trying to work with commercials to build a sustainable future for our seas.

Unfortunately so far despite all the words on all the threads concerning commercial fishing I have yet to see any of the commercials admitting that they have any part to play in the problems in our seas.

It would still appear to be scientists, politicians and anglers that have raped the seas for years.

When reality dawns on our friends the commercials I will be there working hard to help deliver them a future. Until then I say lets decommission the boats as fast as we can!

And I am quite happy to pay a licence to fish in the sea!

Nick,

I am with you on that...i will pay a license fee if it ever happens. If all I read regarding fish stocks is to believed then it would seem the commercials are are on a no win course to disaster.

The reason I say that is that if the seas are empty and there is nothing to be caught we will all stop fishing. I will put my gear in a corner of the garage till such time as things pick up....not quite so easy with a couple of million quids worth of plant the bank wants payments on!

Lets hope things will never come to this worst case cenario but at the end of the day the recreational sea angler will win.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org