Lures in the sea

Guest Dave. L

Guest Dave. L

Hi,

I am normally a fresh water fisherman using lures to catch pike, perch and chub however I am keen to try fishing lures in the sea hopefully to catch some mackerel, pollack, bass or any other sea fish that may take a lure.

Can anyone suggest any suitable venues that might be worth a try for casting from the shore ?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.L

[This message has been edited by Dave. L (edited 17 July 2000).]

When you are fishing for mackerel try a 1 oz abu coster and for pollock try a redgills. try scarborough now for lure fishing

[This message has been edited by TIM (edited 17 July 2000).]

Guest bobanderson

Hi Dave,

I lure fish in sal****er. However, I only fish when I go on holiday to Spain. I always cast into gutters and around sand banks...just as in freshwater you need to cast into structures to be where the fish are. You just have to find which tide the fish are feeding on and what colours work best for that day. My normal catch include bass, mackerel and mullet.

Good luck,

Bob

------------------

Bob