THE COD ARE COMING.

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

Well autumn draws ever closer (its felt like autumn all summer). The days grow shorter and the morning air has that damp chill. I think its about time to unwrap the old appollo and attach my abu 7500 c3ct.

Now i know you southerners are only interested in them bass things you get down there, oh and the occasional mullet. But us guys from the north east love our cod fishing. yes theyre getting fewer every year, but theyre is still a few about to be had. The reason i post this topic is to ask if anybody has started to target the autumn cod yet? A freind of mine tells me he had his first 5 codlings on monday night (biggest one being 3 pound).

so has anyone else started yet? what have you caught and from where? (im not asking for lat and long. just an area of coast).

soon be time for north bay macky :D:D:D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Winter,

my mate is mad on codding over in the Bristol Channel. I haven't heard him crowing yet so I assume the codling are scarce at present but I'll give you a shout when he's into them.

Oh and on the subject of 15 gram flies, like salar said I'll tie you one if you want or give you the recipe for making one yourself...it is easier than it looks! :)

Cheers

Art

Question, any ideas on the best cod marks around the chesil beach area? I havent a clue living in London and this is where i tend to go with good old ziggy. If the cod visit there at all? :D

Keep it reel!!

My mate caught a 6lb cod off a Bournemouth beach on August 31 about 10 years ago!

Winter species my arse!

(long hot summer that year!)

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Toggle:

My mate caught a 6lb cod off a Bournemouth beach on August 31 about 10 years ago!

Winter species my arse!

(long hot summer that year!)

Tog

And I caught a huge bream in December. These fish creatures just don't know how to behave. Don't they know where they are supposed by be? Mind you, my bream did complain it was chilly.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

was he shivering all the way to the frying pan then?

Do you have cooking gear on your boat Salar?

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Okay, so maybe Bournemouth then,... another question for Salar though, "where are you based as I would certainly be interetsed in a trip out one day soon and wuldnt mind tryong for Bass or a mighty Tope" :D

Keep it reel!!

Codd arent just a winter fish,

Up here north east scotland there is also a summer cod season(fishing in kelp) for cod wehich are usualy red, U sure them ure m8s caught werent summer resident coddling winter???

Fur me the winter cod fishing kicks off in style in october, Till then its summer codling,

Tight Lines

Shaun