Conservation ? what a joke....

Cranfield

There are loads of South East Europeans down here on the IOW. My only experience of them has been "bait poncing" on Sandown Pier,begging at my front door and arrests for waving imitation firearms about at Ryde Pier the week after 7/7.

Given the apathy and liberalism in this country how do you combat something low down on the political must-do list like organised fishing on this scale?

bryan:

Touchy subject about east europeans living over here. The area I live in Surrey is blessed with course fishing spots and I have heard many times that fish are being taken from these lakes by the immigrants, even on holiday last week in the IOW I was told that one lake owner had a sizeable number of fish taken and the blame was laid on he east europeans, however how do you cathc them?

Now I hear this about Dover pier, surely the local authorities should be able to do something, such as a licence for pier fishing? :confused:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

islander:

There are loads of South East Europeans down here on the IOW. My only experience of them has been "bait poncing" on Sandown Pier,begging at my front door and arrests for waving imitation firearms about at Ryde Pier the week after 7/7.

Given the apathy and liberalism in this country how do you combat something low down on the political must-do list like organised fishing on this scale?

islander:

Touchy subject about east europeans living over here. The area I live in Surrey is blessed with course fishing spots and I have heard many times that fish are being taken from these lakes by the immigrants, even on holiday last week in the IOW I was told that one lake owner had a sizeable number of fish taken and the blame was laid on he east europeans, however how do you cathc them?

Now I hear this about Dover pier, surely the local authorities should be able to do something, such as a licence for pier fishing? :confused:

No comment on anything else but it seems on the fishing front they arent breaking the law.

spanner:

As it stands I believe the only thing the authorities could do them for would be associated with selling them rather than catching them.

This is one example where a Sea Angling licence makes sense. If they have no licence and then they can be done just for fishing there. Similarly if there are size limits or bag limits associated with the license they can be done the mass slaughter.

:cool: If they are taking undersize fish then they could be prosecuted but they won't be. DEFRA seem to be taking the same attitude as the police when it comes to prosecuting immigrants, legal or other wise. Quote " we are looking at different cultures here". Police spokesman when asked what they were doing about immigrants killing and eating swans, caught on video at a bird sanctuary. They just don't want to know, it's too much hassle. Now an Englisman killing a swan, that's a different matter. :mad:

Guys just to liven the debate once again guys, big catches out of peterhead ,its big licks up there ask the local fleet here what the haddock fisherie is like they will tell you its no go in fact its ***** haddock at an alltime low these boats up there changing to whitefish from mackerel etc hammering the whitefish been left alone for a while , the mackerel and herring have took a pasteing now back on the whitefish the fishing news is s propaganda machine.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg