Kayakfishing chat.....

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi YY, I need sunglasses to view you crate :D ; nice job m8. That a beer crate underneath?

Like your stringer a lot. Home made? Whats the longest you have kept a fish with it? and whats the drag like? It seems a better design than having to thread that curtain hook bit through the gill cover. Have any fish slipped from it though?

Thanks for the snowbee link btw :)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi Jaffa.

A BIT bright :cool: :D

Yes its a beer crate , was full :rolleyes:

The stringer is home made , never lost a fish yet.

Have kept fish alive for a good 5hrs on one , to release them alive , no worse for wear.

As for the drag , if you get a few fish then it does drag a bit , but worth the effort :D

You can bouy them off if you dont want to pull them around with you.

I use a small anchor with old coke bottle , works a treat.

The plastic on the string is like fuel pipe , B&Q special.

YY :)

Nice design YY. To hell with paying for one if yours works! :D Need something to show off that bet winning cod this summer anyway :P not going to risk the digicamera out on the yak but a quick trip to shore could work :) . Been speaking to Arthurcodsbody who knows of a spot where a couple of double figure cod have been taken; Those silver things you fish for get to that size then ?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I envy total optimism , how on earth can you even imagine your going to match a Silver specimin :D

Surely you must have gathered that the make up of the stringers is for Large fish.

I do have some spare boot laces , these would proberbly suit your cause a little better. :P

I see your confidence is starting to waver , your feeling the need to gather information from others , and not relying on your own instincts and cunning , to lure your catch.

Therefore sir , I ask you to reconsider your challenge , or does the vain hope of winning the purse , spur you on :D

YY :D