still no mullet!!

manxlad

hi mulletiers

still no mullet showing here, sea temp today was 11.1c but no sign of the main shoals.

leon, chippy and phil, are you getting wet nets but keeping it quiet?

chippy, we are definatly coming down to jersey in sept, so keep feeding the grey fellas up, and we will all have have some fun.

tight lines to all.

what is happening in jersey on the bass?

keep us informed

regards

paul..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry havent replied to your e mail before, but my progress with the bass has been quite slow!!

None on the plug for me to date, but they are certainly around and being caught, just not by me!

Might have to give this mulletting a go!

B.A.S.S. member

Same situation here really...after landing my first one a week ago the weather has taken a turn for the worst (albeit that the sea temp is still on the rise), which seems to have put the fish off the feed. I fished Thurs, Friday, Saturday and last night, and didn't even get a sniff. :(

I haven't had any other reports of Mullet being had, other than Keith landing a few on fly gear.

The Bass are starting to show in good numbers. My work colleague from Guernsey was over here yesterday, and he had seen a chap who'd landed 16 of them in total!!

Here's looking forward to a spell of warmer settled weather!!

Paul

Jersey Mullet Fishing

Originally posted by manxlad:

[QB] hi mulletiers

still no mullet showing here, sea temp today was 11.1c but no sign of the main shoals.

leon, chippy and phil, are you getting wet nets but keeping it quiet?

I'm still drowning in marking :(

But I have managed to get around to joining the NMC .... and sent off for a new centre-pin ... so I'm sort of getting ready ... just need to make up some traces now :D

Looked at the forecast .. obviously God thinks I should be marking this weekend :( .... may be next weekend .. we shall see.....

thanks for the replies

seems like were all struggling at present, but good times are ahead i hope!

good to hear that a few bass are getting about,

grant, you will just have to try harder, or convert to a mulletier :D:D

speak soon with good news hopefully...

[its not how deep you fish, it's how you wiggle your worm!!]

Plenty of fish around, but they still seem pre-occupied feeding on the abundant algae.

All the lip marks are down on the mud, they haven't started scraping the walls and piles yet.

Unsettled weather, early in the season (like this week's), seems to put them off too, added to which I haven't really had a chance to get out yet :(

But soon, very soon......... :)

ps The Medway estuary seems to be alive with small pouting now, and the first decent eels have started to be caught.

Tight Lines - leon

Mullet FAQs

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/leon22.htm

[ 30. April 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Plenty of mullet in Weymouth Harbour. There is literally thousands when I arrived at my usual spot yesterday. They were feeding on bread as well! Missed a couple of bites on the waggler but really should have tried floating crust. As they were taking like crazy on the surface. Unfortuately my baiting seem to attract ducks from the whole area and it was game over for me! Thanks to Chippy for all the advice I should get my first mullet soon!!!

I,ve just returned from a week in Northern Spain, catching mullet in Santander Harbour up to 3+lbs, a fish a chuck, but you don,t want to know that.............do you? :P:D:D:D

I didn,t take the water temperature , but the air temperatures were between 20 and 23C all week.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "