still no mullet!!

manxlad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chippy:

After my recent run of blanks, I got up at 5am for an early morning session.   I managed 3 Golden Greys, biggest was a little over 2lb 6oz's - just 2oz's short the Jersey Record!!

:D  

very nice, you should get a gold cert for that from the NMC if you put it down on your catch report ... unlike the 8" specimen I managed to pull up!!!!

Would have prefered the one that got away, or even more the one that almost tore the rod out of my hand, and then bust me up within 5 seconds of hooking it!!!!!!! :(

Oh well see what the rest of the week holds....

Phil

:D [/qb]

... unlike the 8" specimen I managed to pull up!!!!

Would have prefered the one that got away, or even more the one that almost tore the rod out of my hand, and then bust me up within 5 seconds of hooking it!!!!!!! :(

[/QB]

ooops ... should have said I was fishing this morning ... and they were thick-lips not Goldies ...... put it down to getting up at 2am this morning to do so!!!!

Phil

I don't think the NMC are sending out Certs anymore.....I didn't get any for the ones from last season, and after speaking to Leon he thought they didn't send them anymore either.

I can probably get a cert from the NFSA under the specimen award scheme, but I couldn't find the table on their site which gives the bronze, silver and gold size limits.

Went out on Sunday and had a new PB. A thin-lipped grey of 4lb 2oz. No piccies this time as the digital camera was inadvertantly left out of the tackle beg (I forgot it :o )

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest sslatter

Word today on the local grapevine of another 7lb plus fish on floatfished bread, but I haven't seen the man himself to get the full S.P. yet. Which makes me feel slightly more confident of catching a fish before Sunday, 'cos if I don't, it'll be three weeks since I last caught one!

Guest sslatter

Two more 6lb plus fish from "The Wall", but I still haven't had a fish for three weeks and four days. (Apart from two or three schoolies and a foulhooked smelt). Stuck on "unlucky 13". Went out this evening in a force 8 and gave up after an hour's soaking.