Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

Jaffa,

Stand by for plenty of the p**s takeing :D

Some of my past threads have been torn to pieces by this lot,.......but they are realy quite cute :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We need to remember that the word Kayak is alien to these lead throwers :D:P .

It is a good laugh, just give the sods as good as you get....and then some.

Cheers for now

Yakity

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakity got out for a couple of hours yesterday (Saturday)afternoon and had a nice wee session on a reef about half a mile off Carnoustie- 6 cod, mostly around the 4 lb mark with one decent 7lber.

Best thing was that all were taken on shads - first time i've used these things and it was great :D . When im feathering i foul hook a lot of fish, and given i return more than i keep , it was a problem. With the shad, every single one was cleanly hooked in the top of the mouth :)

The water was gin clear yesterday; be interesting to see how they perform after a blow colours things up. Still, going to give these plastics a real go over this summer - fun to use, seem to catch at least as well as what i've been using, and 1 hook has got to be better than 3 in the confined space of a kayak...... My wallets getting frightened already :D

Got a lot to learn about trace length though - managed to hook up an edible crab on one drift ... :o

Chris.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi Jaffa,

Sounds like you had some fun on Sat

Im glad the shads are working well for you, its always nice when something new performs well.

We also got out, the wind was a pain,but we tucked in a sheltered cove and had fun.

Lots of small pollock,about 2/3 lb,two nice mackerel,but no Bass in the yak :rolleyes: .

Had a lovely take on a Toby lure, took line off the reel at some pace,then took me into a hole,

stuck solid,kept the pressure on and felt the fish shakeing its head,couldnt budge it though,

let it have slack but the wind was takeing me further and further away,paddled back past the take,but no joy,decided to try and bully the fish out,no joy snapped off.

I would like to think it was a Bass, but think it may have been a good wrasse.

AGAIN, had a terrific turn at the side of the yak, saw the tail break the water,then dissapear

sure that was a Bass.

Al,the mate I fish with also had loads of pollock,but no Bass.

The area was a bit busey with other boats,some screaming around,and then we had a party of divers turn up :mad: ,still, the sea is for everyone to enjoy :rolleyes:

Well Chris,waiting for my new arrival on Tues,

got a wedding to go to next Sat,so hopeing to get out on the new critter on Sun.

Hope you and yours are all well.

Cheers.

Yakity :)

Aye wrasse can be devils; too bright by far Im sure a lot of the lost "monster cod" i get shorefishing are just a 2lb smart wrasse :) .

I envy you the "sight" fishing and seeing bass swirling around the yak - must be great. If the sea trout or salmon behave like they did last summer here (only saw it on those rare oily calm evenings) maybe i'll get a try at it. Heres hoping :)

BTW why the XT?, isn't that similar to what you have already? what was the thinking behind choosing it?

Tight lines m8.

Chris.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi Jaffa,

Smart wrasse eh.......we will giive em smart :D

Yes the sight fishing is good, but frustrateing aswell.

Because we are so low and quiet in the water,the Bass will follow a lure all the way to the surface,then show you his tail and dissapear :rolleyes:

Its almost cheeky. I was fishing for Bass while on holiday a couple of years ago.

Catching tiny silver fish on bread,then live baiting them.

The water was gin clear,and I was high above the surface, could see Bass when they approached the live bait, it was the most amazeing thing,two Bass at the live bait,but no take from either,then the one Bass rolled the live bait over his nose and played with it,while I sat there screaming ...saying go on you ba****d take it :D .

The fish doing the playing moved aside and let the other take it,quite a thing to witness.

Scrambler xt.

The reason Im going for the xt is,I like the lower centre of gravity in the yak,the navigator is an outstanding yak,but a little hard on my back(had an accident a while back).

The Scrambler is a tried and tested yak,and will Im sure be easier on my back when it plays up.

Also my Son is showing a interest,it will suit him down to the ground,as will the navigator.

I also intend to fly fish from it,loads of room in the cockpit.

well ive rambled on AGAIN:rolleyes: :D .

Look forward to your next reply.

All the best.

Yakity. :cool: