match anglers

maximo

Guest jay_con

Same here at times ken. Fishing big ebbs after christmas it can be almost impossible to find a fish. But after watching a few of our top club anglers I learnt it isnt totally impossible. A good friend always says to me - "Just cos you dont catch them doesnt mean they arent there - thats fishing".

Our club fishes 7-10 on wed and 6-10 on sunday so we have to fish whatever tide and conditions prevail. Some of the other local clubs move thier matches to the best times, either over low or high tide. Yes they catch more fish at times and delight in telling us so. But stick these lads on a scar at any other time than high or low tide and they are clueless.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I fish Cefyn Sidan I am lucky to have my bait in two and a half feet of water, so on gin clear days fishing two or three once weight, wading in up to my never regions which is about sixty yards from the water line and casting sixty to eighty yards, I am out between 120 and 140 yards. After ten minutes you have moved back letting out line another 40 to fifty yards. You stand there until the water is up to your never regions again, reel in bait up and start again.

Fishing a half mile plus ebb tide is bl**dy hard work, god knows how far you walk over six hours and not many see it out to the bitter end.

The one blessing is you don't have to climb 700' down a cliff and back up again.

Seldom blank but quite often like yesterday you would have nothing worth waying in. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

weve got a few marks like that round here ken some i fish with two fishbags and a rucksack on the flood in the water in the dark.one fishbag for bait ,one for fish.my best bag was about 25lb of codlings and was absolutely knackered after it.

Guest jay_con

That is really a good bag, How long would it take to get that many???. Am I wrong in assuming that is actually a fantastic bag given you fish the west coast???? perhaps you have more cod there than I think.