match anglers

maximo

Guest STAN

maximo:

whats your big problem stan ,most matches are cmr,jealousy perhaps?

all the mag articles showing matches seem to be a smug prat grining over a load of DEAD TINY FISH ON THE BEACH no wonder the antis dont like us with these so called TOP ANGLERS MAKING US ALL LOOK LIKE GREEDY AS**OLES!GET REAL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest STAN

as for jelousy you MUST BE JOKING down here we dont have to fish for under size stuff comps are specimin fishing there are no matches all the guys in my club would laugh you off the rocks you PRAT :D:D:D

I have to agree with the anti match brigade.

They certainly do not have to have a casting ability when they go flouder bashing on the Loughor, Larne, Ferryside and all of the other areas they decimate.

It is not about fishing, it is about money, £65 to get on the circuit, £50 per match and this all equals piles of dead flounders that could have been caught by anyone with halve a brain.

This happens every other weekend to satisfy peoples egos and they have the bloody cheek to complain that the fish stocks are depleting.

It takes far more skill to go out and target a specific species especially in an unknown area.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest jay_con

Elton, for me you make the strongest point. Fishing is for relaxation.

I have just spent the past 6 weeks peelering non stop and looking after the damn things. Not very relaxaing beleive me. Im thinking of not bothering again next year. I need to get back into relaxation.

The effort needed to compete is huge. Bait digging at 3 in the morning in feb etc. The thrill of competition is good fun but perhaps the price is getting a little too much to pay.

Stan dont get caught up in that Anti crap. They hate you anyway. They hate anyone who isnt as weired as them. They hate you for the shampoo you use. They hate you for the shoes on your feet. If you took all the pics out of the mags they would still hate you.

Excitement is catching a species you have never caught before, trying a new method and succeding, enjoying a beautiful day by the sea watching all that nature can offer.

There is enough competion in life without trying to prove whether you are better than the guy stood along side you.

Quatity does not equal quality, size is not an indication of success.

Example: It is far harder to catch a 2lb coddling in my area than an 8lb coddling on the east coast.

However it is very easy here to catch a 3lb bass whilst else where it is difficult to catch a 8" schoolie.

The true art of fishing is to enjoy yourself, be able to go home on a blank with a smile on your face.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest stevie cop

It's not that heaps of small fish are slaughtered, it's the fact that fish which wouldn't normally be kept are killed just so they can be weighed in. It just doesn't seem right.

A few years back myself, Tom Pinborough, Tel and a few others, represented Essex in a friendly inter-county match on Orford island. We asked the organisers to make it catch, measure and release but they wouldn't do it, so on principle we decided beforehand that we wouldn't keep any fish that we wouldn't have kept for the table anyway. We threw far more fish back than we kept and still won the match comfortably.