Kayak Rigging

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Kayakers, and all interested :)

Well the weather has been slack, so I thought Id set about rigging the Scrambler, something Ive been putting off till the spring, but , what the heck.

For the guys thinking about Kayakfishing, these pictures (IF THEY COME UP..... :D )will give you an idea of things to do , if, or when, you get your Yaks.

I have fitted three flushmount rod holders, two at the back ,and one on the left side, in the front.

The one at the front, comes in very handy when boating a fish , also for placeing the rod if baiting up.

and also leave it there when paddleing to a different mark, its position is well out of the paddle arch , so does not get in the way.

The XT does not come with carrying handles amidships, a shame realy, as it makes life easier when moveing the Yak around, so I have fitted two, at centre of ballance.

Also fitted the centre hatch.

At the front of the Yak, Ive added 6x eyelets, and threaded some thin bungee cord through, comes in handy for bits and bobs, also great to tuck the paddle into.

Waiting on the front hatch to arrive, sadly it wont be here untill, March.

Will be fitting a fishfinder when it arrives.

Will post more pics as it progresses.

Hope its of interest.

Posted Image

Yakity :)

[ 09. January 2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one yakity, nice to see you have your priorities right and keep the yak inside the house. :D

Did I hear you say you have fitted hatches, do my eyes decieve me, thought you hated them, you old tease. :D:D

Love the flush mounts, look great with the covers, have you still blanked off the tube ends?

Have you decided on which Finder you are going to get are you going for single or dual beam, if I'd had a bit more say in the model fitted to mine, I would have probably gone for the dual beam.

Oh really like the colour scheme is that new for 2005, not seen it before, it looks great.

Can I have a paddle next time I'm down?

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com