Longline fishing from a kayak

Dawsie

i have friends i aint seen and family in oz and nz who practise fishing in ways we dont like long lines

u can make em as long as you want you dont have to go buy a kilometre of line and use thousands of hooks

i live in london and most of the best marks are over 3 hours away granted some can be closer but not

the kind of place im interested in fishing in

my reason to post a ty for someone who gave information based on personal experience

is cos its hard to find ppl that use alternative fishing techniques and are willing to post

to many ppl seem to think a long line is just a seal turtle dolphin or undersized bass magnet but like all tools its down to the human who uses it to make sure its used properly and safely

that includes avoiding waters known to shoal unwanted target fish like tope packs and the likes

so the more informed posts we get to read the better obviously if theres to many cons to the pro's of using any form of equipment or tackles then its down to the individuals

common sense or other to sum it up to be too dangerous impractical or cost effective even

im always up to trying something different within reason crab pots or nets will take a test run also at some point

ultra lite tackle float fishing in the see with a dubby bag for gar and a bit more fly fishing

as for buying a trawler its impractical it wont fit on the roof of my car

Trolling

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the internet in the late 1980s[3], but the earliest known example is from 1991[4]. It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers, itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a bait through water, known as trolling.[5] The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales as they are often obnoxious creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, is an unrelated Old Norse word for a giant or demon. [6]

Trawling

Trawling is a method of fishing that involves pulling a large fishing net through the water behind one or more boats. The net that is used for trawling is called a trawl.

The boats that are used for trawling are called trawlers. Trawlers vary in size; from small open boats with only 30 hp to large factory trawlers with over 10,000 hp. Trawling can be carried out by one trawler or by two trawlers fishing cooperatively (pair trawling).

Trawling can be contrasted with trolling, where baited fishing lines are drawn through the water instead of trawls. Trolling is used both for recreational and commercial fishing whereas trawling is used mainly for commercial fishing.

anyhow cleeclive ive heard one method dont know if its a good one or not of using a small anchor 100 yards with 5.6" foot gaps then a 2 foot hooks and length circles 3/0 then another anchor [kayak grapple ones 1.5 pound] the the usual line to the yak and cleeted off and used as a normal anchor for a few hours then reeling it all in when you want to move go home tidal change etc

would that setup work? in the uk?

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Couldn't help but laugh at that sorry, from a dingy might be a healthier and safer, cheaper method if that is what you want to do.

or sell the kayak and spend the money at the fish market lol. we had a couple of lads at our fly fishery who moaned if they did not catch ,wrong attitude and they left .one other lad if he catches he changes fly so he does not catch too quick . we have a 4 fish bag limit , so if you want a nice day fishing does not pay to catch too quick because there is no catch and release . ;)

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

• 5 weeks later...