Fishing in Corfu.

Norrie

I'd like a wee bit of help please, if you dont mind.My gorgeous wife(she paid for it) and I have booked a week in Arillas in Corfu in May, :cool: It's on the North East coast (seemingly). What I'm looking for, is there any fishing to be had, coz she is going to buy me a wee tele rod to take ,and does anyone know of a web site for info on any "game" type boats.Coz, I've to get another go at that too. Any answers, (written on the back of a ten pound note please,) would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

One Very Happy Chappy.

Norrie :D:D

Alan, Dont worry,it wont interfere with our wee trip up the road.

[ 05. March 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

i have been to corfu a good few year back now to sidari in the north. any way there was a small burn there that held a load of mullet they where jumping on my hooks it was great fun. there was also some big mullet in the small harbours there. dont no anything of any boat fishing or that sorry but i am sure you will find some kind of fishing as the sea was teaming with mullet and other spieces.

good luck

thanks for the welcome norrie and hello from dundee just up the rd from you. what is it with us scots and drink eh? lol will be in turkey again this year and like yourself with the ouso i shall be having one or two rakis cant wait. done a spot of fishing there last year with a hand line caught a couple of differnt speices small mullet, stripy wrase well thats what they looked like and bigger fish they looked a bit like bream. load of fun. whent out with the snorkel one day and seen about 3 mullet all at least 2-3lb think i shall buy a tele rod this year and se what i can catch.

The local tackle shop in Falkirk is doing a Shakespeare 9ft Tele Rod and reel for £17.50. Think I'll get it, tho', I'm not a great fan of them. Have you any idea how they handle ??

Theocritis..

Norrie the tele rods have changed so much over the years. I always take one when fishing abroad,had no problems with them as yet. I think you will be surprised if you do get one. As most of the fish I would have thought will not be huge don`t get one to stiff in the tip.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Norrie.

I have lived on Corfu for seven years so I know a little about the local fishing. The prime time here is Sept. Oct. and November when the Dorado arrive. During May you could try for Saddled Bream known locally as Melanouri. The are very shy fish and will be spooked by heavy line, weights etc. You will need to fish just off the bottom so a sliding float with around .018mm line, using small pieces of fresh sardine fillet as bait. They reach up to around 500 - 750 grms and are good to eat on the BBQ. Take a look at my site for Dorado fishing, http://www.corfu-fishing.com

Ted Wooller.

Hi Ted and Fisherman, Thanks for your replies, they will be a great help.Ted, I have looked at you site before, very informative indeed.I'm reallly looking forward to this break,it will be my first trip to the "Med", and a new venue for fishing for me.The wife informs me however, "It wont be a fishing holiday" :( Could you tell me if it would be possible to get out on a charter boat, or would it be easier to hire a small boat for the day. I think we will be hiring a car, so travelling will not be a problem.

Thanks again.

Theocritis..