Update on Angling Trust

Bob Bradford

A decent enough debate Elton, but I have yet to read, hear or be told of a compelling, factual reason NOT to join Angling Trust, I believe that is because that particular argument does not exist, fine if an angler chooses it is not for him, but it is hard to back that choice up with sound ,logical reasons for not doing so,........other than "I do not wish to".

What seems to be a common factor when reading the various forums is a reluctance to contact http://www.anglingtrust.net directly and seek the facts , instead seeking the facts elsewhere and by default, picking up on other peoples opinions and views, thus clouding the issue somewhat.

Also, Elton has posted a link in the coarse fishing forum and the conservation and politics forum to a number of senior jobs within the Angling Trust.

If people are concerned that anglers voices won't be heard would it not be a good idea to get an angler into one or more of these senior posts. Indeed one of the requirements for at least one of the jobs is that the applicant has a knowledge of and is preferably " a practising angler".

Go on, apply, you'll know where the money's going and you'll be able to see fair play. On top of that you won't be giving them £20 a year, they'll be giving you £30,000+ and 28 days holiday and a pension scheme and you can work from home for some of the time. Wish I had the necessary experience!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, I rang AT last Friday because Elton had PM'd me the same , I telephoned the trust and left a message and my home number, that night (about 6pm) Mark Lloyd himself rang me, I told him several of you have e-mailed the Trust for info, and to date had received nothing in return, Mark assured me this would be dealt with, for what it is worth, I believe it will, he has read the recent comments on this site and was even contemplating posting, but thought it better to reply personally to the e-mails, I hope this helps mate, I must stress to anyone that does not already know, I am an ordinary paid up member of Angling Trust, and in no way do I represent them, I am only trying to help.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob,

Do you know if anyone is earmarked for these jobs, or are they genuinely 'vacant' vacancies? It seems a bit odd that this has been 8-years in the making, and various heads of old bodies were found directors' roles, yet key frontline positions are only now being advertised.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, I know no more than you, I did not discuss the vacancies with Mark.

I can offer a personal comment though, it is a fact that the old governing body the NFA, failed miserably to recruit, connect, or communicate with the vast majority of anglers during it's tenure, so based on that, it would be very surprising indeed if the vacancies were filled from that particular organisation, as for the other old organisations, I cannot pass comment ,because I do not know their history.

Worms, I do not have a degree mate, otherwise I would throw my hat into the ring.

I've got the degree, perhaps we could job share!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Bob,

You can have my degree. I'm self-employed, so it's no use to me :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Cheers Elton, there are some very clever people posting on here, I left school aged 15 (just) and the only qualification I have is my 25 yards swimming certificate ha ha. I have a diploma in life experience though!

I can hardly swim, Bob. I know which certificate I'd rather have when I'm out boat fishing :D