Hello

Nathanking

Just thought I would say Hi.

Have just joined Newbury AA for the new year so I can get back into fishing while the weather is good!!!!

Had a trip to speen moors on saturday afternoon and managed to catch my first ever chub of about 1 1/2 lb which I was well chuffed with.

Struggled for bites other than that though and my mate had no luck either. We tried lure fishing for an hour as well but to no avail.

Temp was very low though and the line iced up in the rod constantly but still a very enjoyable afternoon.

Hopefully going back tomorrow (wednesday) for another session as it looks like it is staying a bit milder.

If anyone out there has any tips or could suggest swims etc I would be very gratefull of any help.

Thanks and tight lines

Nathan :D

Hi Nathan and welcome to AnglersNet.

I'm a little too far away to know your local area well enough to recommend anything but hopefully someone can help.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just thought I would say Hi.

Have just joined Newbury AA for the new year so I can get back into fishing while the weather is good!!!!

Had a trip to speen moors on saturday afternoon and managed to catch my first ever chub of about 1 1/2 lb which I was well chuffed with.

Struggled for bites other than that though and my mate had no luck either. We tried lure fishing for an hour as well but to no avail.

Temp was very low though and the line iced up in the rod constantly but still a very enjoyable afternoon.

Hopefully going back tomorrow (wednesday) for another session as it looks like it is staying a bit milder.

If anyone out there has any tips or could suggest swims etc I would be very gratefull of any help.

Thanks and tight lines

Nathan :D

Nathan

Welcome to NAA

I too am fishing at Speen Moors on Wednesday maybe we could meet and i could show you a few of my favourite swims.

Mark

Sparky did.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nathan

Welcome to NAA

I too am fishing at Speen Moors on Wednesday maybe we could meet and i could show you a few of my favourite swims.

Mark

Hi Mark

Yes I will look out for you. I am getting there about 8 ish.

If you could give me some advice I would be most gratefull.

Have you fished there recently. How did you get on?

Thanks

Nathan

Either that or else smelling fishy vapors for years has made us all a little balmy.

In any case, I think anglers are basically a great group of folks.