WARRIER VERSES EXPLORER

sam-cox

My angling pal Matt Lee has just bought a Explorer Elite 16.5 foot angling boat. Origenly he was going to buy the Warrier 160 but after checking out both craft he opted for the Explorer,

his reasons were that the finish on the Explorer was far better. Little things like the lockers under the seats on the Warrier are sinply screw bolted to the deck whare as they are bonded on the Explorer.

We are going fishing on the Explorer for the first time tomurrow, planing to leave at 08.30 ctching the ebb to the Wallet just of Clcton. Realy cant wait but my mate wont sleep hes so excited about his first fishing trip in his new boat, he only got her last Saturday.

I will give full report tomurrow night.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Explorer was aparently designed by an X Warrier man. To look at the hulls style, and layout they are almost identical boats. But the finish on the Explorer is better. Oh yes and he has a 60hp 4 stroke in the package around 14k in all. I to wish I could aford one of these sort of boats, but alas I will have to stick with my 25 year old 16 foot catheadral hull boat.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

As the saying goes I know a chap who knows a bloke who works for explorer who says they are a cheaper version of the warrior :) . I do know that at last years boat show they exhibited near warrior boats and got slated for the difference in finish between the two, so may be they took this on board and have improved their quality control

I had a warrior 165.......

Nice boat.......

let us know how you get on and tight lines.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest stevie cop

If I had a choice, I'd go for the Explorer.

I remember looking at the website and thinking how much more you got for your money than with the Warrior boats.

I've fished aboard a Warrior 195, and I must say wasn't overly impressed by it for the money it cost. I'd say the Orkneys are the best all round sea angling boats. They have always been the boat that others have tried to equal, but to my mind, no one has managed it yet.

Having said all that, if I was offered a Warrior for a years trial, I'd jump at it!

Sorry Steve Coppolo I have to total disagree with you here I have had several boats including Orkney's the problem with an Orkney is that in rough weather they take on water just look at how many Orkney's have bilge pumps. I have a seahog hunter now and the only water I get on board is when you board with wet waders and when you recover with a surf, with the Orkney in rough water I had to use the bilge pump never had to do this with my other boats.

sanctuary - weekends tend to get sorta slow.

Re: the boat - at the end of the day, if the angler is happy with the boat he/she buys, then it was a good boat to buy.

It sounds like our buyer looked over both possible choices and decided which he though was the better made and got it.

Re: taking on water - as long as the bilge pump can easily handle the water and the boat is properly designed so a little water can come in but not get on your feet and gear, what's the problem? I always sorta feel that if my boat never takes on water, I bought way too much boat for where I'm fishing and could have saved myself a ton of money and probably gone with a boat that was easier to maneuver and cost me less to buy and to run.

That being said, I would have been happy with lots more boat last summer when Salar enticed me into the spot we fished. In fact, shortly after that trip I did buy lots more boat.

[ 04. February 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President