WARRIER VERSES EXPLORER

sam-cox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are off fishing soonz.

I have seen both boats, the reason my m8 was looking at the Warrier was its reputation and he very almost bought one. He then saw the finish of the Explorer(and belive me its good) and decided on that.Warrier are lovely boats much nicer than my old dory but as I said the Explorers finish sold it.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Just got in, went to wallet bit uncomfortable so went back in to river. Only caught 1 dab, 5 whiting and 6 very small codling. Small tides so didnt expect much. Put the Explorer through her paces in a force 4 to 5 South easterly. She handles well and for a fast boat was very stable more stable than my 16 foot cathedrall hull. Well set out to fishing from her was very easy with lots of space.

We did about 25 miles and did about 3.5 gallons.

Very very nice little boat. Cant wait for summer, bass, tope and hounds...

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

yes to be honest it took a bit of getting used to, but once I had got the hang of it with the stearing and throttle it was fine. My dory only does about 17 knots flatout the Explorer does over 30 so having a 60hp 4 stroke gives it lots of power. It handles realy well once you get reves right and lurn to watch where your going.

I was very impressed with this boat its a lot of boat for 16.5 foot.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

In fairness I expect the Worrier would also handle well in most sea conditions as the hulls are almost identical, but it was the finish that sold this boat to my pal Matt.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.