Article 47

Snatcher

Its copied from the WSF Scottish sea forum -

Favourite Rod: Onyermarks Pollack rod

Best Catch: My wife.

Favourite Fishing: 2

article 47 update - This concerns everybody

EU Article 47 could destroy sea angling.

If you are haven't heard about it or are unsure of what the issues are, look at the bottom of the page.

Next week MEPs are meeting to discuss the proposals which would require recreational anglers throughout the EU to :

Have to pay for a license

Be Subject to quota/bag limits - once you have caught that, pack up and go home

Have to fill in catch returns in log books

Along with these, catch and release will be banned and you will lose the right to roam.

This will apply equally to all forms of angling - shore, boat, charter or competition.

We need to let them know anglers are strongly opposed to the proposals ASAP, please don’t leave this to others. If you want to carry on fishing you need to respond. A one liner is just as important as a ten page email.

Struan Stephenson - Scottish MEP has spoken out against the proposals, see http://www.ssacn.org/2009/01/15/cons...rom-article-47

but he needs the support of the other MSPs if he is to be successful.

How can you help - please email the MEP’s, all you need to say is, you are opposed to article 47 of the EU common fisheries policy control regulationss which links recreational fisheries to commercial catches.

All you need to do is copy and paste the following into your email address line - david@martinmep.com; ian.hudghton@europarl.europa.eu; elspeth.attwooll@europarl.europa.eu; john.purvis@europarl.europa.eu; alyn.smith@europarl.europa.eu; struan.stevenson@europarl.europa.eu; cstihlermep@btconnect.com

If you want to add more then look at the ssacn response, http://tinyurl.com/78llql, a copy of the draft regulation can be found at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Fi...ewofcontrolreg - the following is a quick summary ::

Monitoring of Recreational Fisheries Article 47

Recreational fisheries on a vessel in Community waters on a stock subject to a multiannual plan shall be subject to an authorisation for that vessel issued by the flag Member State.

Catches in recreational fisheries on stocks subject to a multiannual plan shall be registered by the flag Member State.

Catches of species subject to a multiannual plan by recreational fisheries shall be counted against the relevant quotas of the flag Member State. The Member States concerned shall establish a share from such quotas to be used exclusively for the purpose of recreational fisheries.

The marketing of catches from a recreational fishery shall be prohibited except for philanthropic purposes.

The Committee meeting takes place shortly, please send your emails this week, every ones fishing is at risk.

cheers

Ian Burrett

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Member of SOS

www.save-our-sharks.org

I have sent my e-mail off :boxing:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is courtesty Mike Concannon (Dartmouth) ....

I will be recording an interview today, for the BBC1 TV Daily Politics Show, apparently to be broadcast this Sunday, regarding the EEC Article 47 proposals and their implications for UK recreational sea anglers.

It will be filmed aboard a local charter boat, Dave Harrison’s “Gemini”; together with Mike Bailey, Hon. Sec. of Brixham SAC; and Ian Noble, a charter Skipper and B&B owner. They are also going to interview Graham Dryer, proprietor of Brixham Bait & Tackle at his shop.

We will do our very best to give UK RSAs a sensible sound bite to their wider audience.

Update - I believe the interview went to plan. You can see it on the BBC1 Daily Politics Show just before lunchtime on this coming Sunday 18th January.

Further thoughts from Keith Arthur of "Tight Lines" from the Sky Sports Blog.

http://www.skysports.com/blogs/blog_story/...4798711,00.html

Bugger. I even watched some of the politics show today and missed it, as the kids walked in and quite rightly pointed out that my choice of TV was boring.

They didn't even give a schoolboy chuckle when the bloke on Countryfile said he was looking for a female beaver.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Bugger. I even watched some of the politics show today and missed it, as the kids walked in and quite rightly pointed out that my choice of TV was boring.

You wouldn't have seen it anyway Elton (well assuming that you haven't relocated down to the South-West).

It was only broadcast in the South-West region, in the part of the show that looks at regional issues.

(The link above is to the SW broadcast edition).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

They didn't even give a schoolboy chuckle when the bloke on Countryfile said he was looking for a female beaver.

:D Is there any other kind? :lol:

You wouldn't have seen it anyway Elton (well assuming that you haven't relocated down to the South-West).

It was only broadcast in the South-West region, in the part of the show that looks at regional issues.

(The link above is to the SW broadcast edition).

:D That's why I didn't see it on Southern then. I thought I'd gone blind. :lol: