Article 47

Snatcher

Hi Wurzel,

Only species subject to a multi-annual plan would require a recreational quota.

Not all pressure stock (although subject to commercial quota) are subject to a multi-annual plan.

At the moment, in the UK, it would only really affect recreational catches of cod, and plaice (but other species could be added to the list in future).

These are the original proposals which DEFRA are now consulting upon, and recent statements by Borg, and the amendments suggested by the EU parliament, will be considered by the Council of Ministers meeting in June (I assume along with any responses accepted by DEFRA to this consultation, taken to the Council of Ministers meeting by Huw Irranca-Davies).

I thought the government made it's self pretty clear the other week when this huw geezer stated the position on 47, now his department wants to consult us. We didn't get that with the eu constitution, all we had was the new laws put inplace to govern us from the eu agreed with our parliament full stop. Why are they bothering, do they already know that we ain't likely to change anything then as they still won't listen in any event.

Quote:

LABOUR SAYS “NO WAY” TO SEA ANGLING CATCH QUOTAS

Following strong lobbying from the Angling Trust, sea angling groups, and Parliamentary angling spokesman Martin Salter MP, Labour’s Fisheries Minister Huw Irranca-Davies has made clear the Government’s opposition to any attempt to use the EU Article 47 Directive to impose quota restrictions on catches made by recreational sea anglers.

Can't see our government getting their way with the eu dictats, what chance have we, just more paper shuffling. All the while this argument has been going on, i haven't seen a lot of discussion regarding the rest of the new proposels, are the commercial sector happy with the new regs proposed then compared with the old cfp.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the government made it's self pretty clear the other week when this huw geezer stated the position on 47, now his department wants to consult us.

Hi Barry,

Although RSA has been focussed upon article 47, it's but one small article contained in the whole of the proposed Control Regulation.

It's the whole* of the Control Regulation that DEFRA is consulting upon, not just article 47, and they are consulting with all stakeholders affected, not just anglers (and it's probable that some of the 'green' organisations will be making the most of this opportunity to promote their own views on article 47, and many of the other articles within the Control regulation).

* Some of the other articles in the Control Regulation might very well impact upon recreational fishing boats, such as the need to maintain a certain speed when travelling through an area designated as a marine protection area. People who have concentrated only on article 47 and not bothered reading through the whole document might well find other things in there that could bite them on the b*m!).

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Barry,

Although RSA has been focussed upon article 47, it's but one small article contained in the whole of the proposed Control Regulation.

It's the whole* of the Control Regulation that DEFRA is consulting upon, not just article 47, and they are consulting with all stakeholders affected, not just anglers (though it's probable that some of the 'green' organisations will be making the most of this opportunity to promote their own views on article 47, and many of the other articles within the Control regulation).

* Some of the other articles in the Control Regulation might very well impact upon recreational fishing boats, such as the need to maintain a certain speed when travelling through an area designated as a marine protection area. People who have concentrated only on article 47 and not bothered reading through the whole document might well find other things in there that could bite them on the b*m!).

Morning Leon, i actually tried to read all of the link last night, not being funny but after a dozen, yes, a dozen pages i got bored and switched it off. Unfortunatly there are pages and pages of this stuff and i think the ordinary anglers and also fishermen have absolutly no chance of keeping up with these eu paper rulers. The reason for trying to read it was as you suggest, i was trying to find obscure proposed legislation that would inpact on the rsa. I have no doubt that it is in there somewhere, however to expect us ordinaries to understand it let alone agree, dissagree is a bridge too far, wouldn't you agree?

ps is it pub night tonight, i would like to go but i have two fishing trips this weekend so i don't think it can swing another outing past the governer :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I have no doubt that it is in there somewhere, however to expect us ordinaries to understand it let alone agree, dissagree is a bridge too far, wouldn't you agree?

I would agree Barry :(

And that's our big problem.

Most of the organisations who will respond have the resources to employ professionals who usually have degrees, and who go on all the courses and workshops, and can make the most of the opportunities presented, and the threats that need to be addressed, and can mobilise their membership accordingly.

Whereas we RSA tend to sit back, take what's coming, and moan about what's happening, rather than moving ahead of the game and bending things our way.

:(

ps is it pub night tonight, i would like to go but i have two fishing trips this weekend so i don't think it can swing another outing past the governer :D

Yep, it is.

Although I had a boat trip booked later today, coming back in at 10pm, so I wasn't intending going to the pub.

But it now looks as though the boat is being called off because of the wind :(

So, I'll probably drown my sorrows in the pub.

(Sunday looks like being a flat calm! :) )

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Most of the organisations who will respond have the resources to employ professionals who usually have degrees, and who go on all the courses and workshops, and can make the most of the opportunities presented, and the threats that need to be addressed, and can mobilise their membership accordingly.

Whereas we RSA tend to sit back, take what's coming, and moan about what's happening, rather than moving ahead of the game and bending things our way.

:(

Yep, it is.

Although I had a boat trip booked later today, coming back in at 10pm, so I wasn't intending going to the pub.

My mate booked brighton today, can't go due to the wind, i booked weymouth and folkestone for saturday and sunday, as you said no wind, can't wait. :)

Anyway, back on topic, yes, some rsa sit back and wait, the reason given before is because they ain't paper tigers. All they need is nigel farrage, sorted :)

Whereas we RSA tend to sit back, take what's coming, and moan about what's happening, rather than moving ahead of the game and bending things our way.:(

That's not our biggest problem. Our biggest problem is that a few ego maniacs have taken charge of everything that affects sea angling - and they won't ever listen to anyone who does point out potential pitfalls, because they truly believe that they know best.

For instance, it wasn't too long ago that Leon was telling everyone not to worry about the detail in the RSA strategy because it was just a loose framework. Aparently, we would all be able to have our say during the consultation and everything would be alright. Well, as we all now know, our say didn't amount to much because the ego maniacs didn't want to listen to what sea anglers actually wanted, or more importantly, what they didn't want.

I will never forget who wrote the RSA travesty, who pushed it, and who defended it. Those mugs have a lot to answer for. They couldn't run an egg and spoon race.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Yep, it is.

Look forward to your Mullet spotting report.

Hello Barry

The way I read it I would think any fish anglers catch that is a pressure stock meaning any fish that is on a quota for commercial fishermen i.e. cod, skate, sole ,flounder,dab. Pollock, brill and spurdog, will be on a quota for anglers, which is what they set out to do right from the start.

Looks like the lads from the Angling Trust made a lasting impression, same as commercial fishermen old Joe probably had forgot all about them by the time they reached the front gate.

Good evening Wurzel, i hope you are well, :) i bet old joe bogy had his reply written out before they even arrived. You can't be doing too much with cod and skate off the menu. Cod don't effect me much as it is only now and again we see one, can't get through the three year class's of codling, even half a hamburger sent down will catch them, however we are trying to give the codling a mis at the mo, honest. Hopefully enough of them stay around for a few years to make it interesting for all. Going to try for bass on sunday inside of SIX mile as they are in, so even the sfc boat will be welcome to see us in action as the tide is right and also the weather, i hear a few french boats will be targeting them as well, TOP END OF THE CHANNEL, Must take me camera. :)

Whatever happens to 47, enough of it will remain and it will give the eu an inroad to the rsa to enable control. Sad really.

You can't be doing too much with cod and skate off the menu.

Hello Barry

The sea is full of sole along with a good showing of bass.

Enough of article 47 will remain in place to keep the UK management industry happy and in the standard of living they have become accustomed to

I fish to live and live to fish.