My new Whitby charter angling boat

wildcard

Yes you are right in what you say as to the skipper being god on the scales and size of fish etc,but when I got mine we had all the crap from certain people as to whether it was weighed right,the scales was wrong,so thats why I said you need scales etc that the asso use's,I hope to fish the festivals this year at Whitby on Achattes as I have been told Brennan will be back and he's got that boat now,,also do any of you want some manns shads in packets for a £1,plus P&P,can't wait till I catch another big one and have the same crap.

Is this the boat you are refering to? Never know i might have a fish with yer and go and winkle out some that won't need a second opinion. :fishing1::boat::fishing1: If the skipper said it was over thirty, then it's good enough for me, got a link to the photo Walcott

thenewcheiften-1.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Perhaps you could elaborate for us, at the time is it not the case that if the skipper say's it was that much, it was that much.

All the time i have been using charter boats the skippers word is good enough and is normally accepted. I had an instance late last year of a good fish so it was weighed by the skipper who conceded to us he did not know the accuracy of his scales, however he came to a conculsion as to the weight, when checked by another source, it was spot on. Same as pulling up conger eels, 't' bar them at the gunnel ask the skipper for the weight and accept what he has stated instead of fighting with the eel on board.

Hi Barry.

I think this relates to an incident that happened a few years ago where Walcott had caught a 32lb cod on board chieftain and because it was not brought back to Whitby and weighed at a Whitby angling shop it was suggested that it was not as big as he said.

It was a bit of a sad story really because the fish was weighed independently by several different anglers using different scales and the fish was what Walcott claimed it to be.

I believe it all got a bit silly with a charter skipper being accused of saying that anglers where liars etc etc.

At the end of the day Walcott produced some lovely pictures of said fish and several people had to come on to the thread to uphold his story (people who had been there) but it did leave a nasty accusation in the air.

But that was a long time ago Barry

Hi Barry.

I think this relates to an incident that happened a few years ago where Walcott had caught a 32lb cod on board chieftain and because it was not brought back to Whitby and weighed at a Whitby angling shop it was suggested that it was not as big as he said.

It was a bit of a sad story really because the fish was weighed independently by several different anglers using different scales and the fish was what Walcott claimed it to be.

I believe it all got a bit silly with a charter skipper being accused of saying that anglers where liars etc etc.

At the end of the day Walcott produced some lovely pictures of said fish and several people had to come on to the thread to uphold his story (people who had been there) but it did leave a nasty accusation in the air.

But that was a long time ago Barry

As you say Challenge a long time ago, must have been just before i came onto this forum, was a nice fish, anything over thirty must have some recognition, was it in a comp? would still like to see the photo's any chance. cheers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
As you say Challenge a long time ago, must have been just before i came onto this forum, was a nice fish, anything over thirty must have some recognition, was it in a comp? would still like to see the photo's any chance. cheers.

I have no photo of the fish, but I believe that Walcott will have a few.

It wasn’t in any competition but it was in a sweep on board that trip. It won the biggest cod of the trip but only just. A fine cod caught by a fine angler came a close second tipping the scales at 30lb. there was quite a few fish (cod) in the twenty’s that trip as well.

I remember gutting the said fish and there being a large lemon sole in its gut.

The fish was caught some 150 miles east of Whitby on a decent 3 days fishing trip.

I was hoping that Walcott would have got over the silly accusations by now.

I remember Charlie catching the 30lb cod that trip and being very pleased with his lovely fish, but I also remember him being the first man to go up to Walcott and shacking his hand with congratulations on beating his fine fish with such a fine specimen of a cod.

I think that’s what I would like to remember from the sad affair that followed a good angling trip.

Regards.

I have no photo of the fish, but I believe that Walcott will have a few.

It wasn’t in any competition but it was in a sweep on board that trip. It won the biggest cod of the trip but only just. A fine cod caught by a fine angler came a close second tipping the scales at 30lb. there was quite a few fish (cod) in the twenty’s that trip as well.

I remember gutting the said fish and there being a large lemon sole in its gut.

The fish was caught some 150 miles east of Whitby on a decent 3 days fishing trip.

I was hoping that Walcott would have got over the silly accusations by now.

I remember Charlie catching the 30lb cod that trip and being very pleased with his lovely fish, but I also remember him being the first man to go up to Walcott and shacking his hand with congratulations on beating his fine fish with such a fine specimen of a cod.

I think that’s what I would like to remember from the sad affair that followed a good angling trip.

Regards.

I have actually seen photo's of Charlie and his cod, will see if i can dig them out. Sounds like a really worthwhile trip you had there.

Found one. :D might just have a fish with this guy this year as well, fingers crossed.

Charlie16060694hrtrip8.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Guest challenge
I have actually seen photo's of Charlie and his cod, will see if i can dig them out. Sounds like a really worthwhile trip you had there.

Found one. :D might just have a fish with this guy this year as well, fingers crossed.

Charlie16060694hrtrip8.jpg

yes it was a decent trip, there where quite a few fish put back that trip, fortunately it was shallow water so most of them swam away to fight another day.

The thing about that photo Barry is that Charlie is a big lad. So you can imagine what a lovely size fish that was.

I believe that Charlie is away in Australia at the moment but I believe there could be a good chance that I will get to see him this summer in this part of the world.

I wonder if the boat that this thread is about gets to fish on some of the rich pickings that we use to fish on.

I was talking to the (now) skipper of the chieftain the other day and he said he was looking forward to the new season.

Edited by challenge

Indeed, i must apologise for mugging Wildcards post. The only link to this is whitby fishing. Don't doubt for one minute that the new boat will fish some of the ones that you targeted and good luck to him, can't wait for some foto's of real cod this year.

Didn't quite manage a trip when John had the boat at the time i was interested in a big ling trip. Still am, i have heard that they are possible in the north sea, so who knows. Done it in the western approches a couple of years ago, but i have heard of better pickings up with you.

Edited by barry luxton

It's the big day for us tomorrow with the full survey by the RYA for our COP 60 license. We have been working long hours to get the boat up to the rigorous safety spec for weeks but I am confident she will pass. If so, we will be fishing a few private parties until we start proper on the 14th April with angling charters.

I had the boat lifted out recently for a hardness test on the gel coat. You can see from this picture the unique hull design.

IMG_0002-3.jpg

I was chatting with David Lumley from Famous yesterday who said the inshore wrecks around Harlepool at 20 miles are not producing and he thinks April onwards will see an improvement. We are keen to take a look beyond those however and I will give a report on here good or bad when the time comes.

Update: Boat passed with flying colours. Now the fun begins.. :rolleyes:

Alan AKA wildcard

Edited by wildcard

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

I was videoing Mike practising his manouvres yesterday. I still can't believe he did this :o

Youtube Video ->

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Should have let me have a go. I could have wiped out half the marina trying that one :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE