winter fish tale.

Guest Nightwing

Guest Nightwing

Well, that was interesting. I just got back from a Steelhead outing on the Pere Marquett river in Michigan, and managed to catch despite battling ice flows, 3 feet of snow, and temps in the -20°C range. We took steelhead to 17lbs, and brown trout to 9lbs, all on nymph and egg patterns.

Of course, it may be a week before my hands are entirely thawed out!

Enjoy your rain, at least you need not wait for it to thaw.

Guest Graham E

Well it's stopped raining, for a day or two and the temps around +9 so back to catching.

I'll tell you what Nightwing, we aint earning them as much as you. Those temperatures take a brave man to challenge, but then it's fishing! Well done.

When I win the lottery I am going to get to the Kenai, Alaska and catch a King/Steelhead and a Char in the same day, Looks like you got Alaska there.

Good fishing.

Guest Nightwing

"Earned them" is an understatement! By the time our day had ended, we apeared to have made a traverse of the Antarctic.

Nearly 30cm of snow fell just while we were fishing, making the egress back to the plowed highway something of an adventure in itself.(thank God for Jeeps) The fish, however, were well worth it, and it does make for a good tale.