CEFAS Questionnaire

Elton

This must be what Glenn was referring to. Strange how CEFAS don't appear to have told anyone about it.

I'm very concerned that people may be filling this out, unaware that what they are putting could have serious consequences for sea angling.

Does anyone know if any of the representative bodies have issued any guidelines as to how we should respond to such material? This questionnaire has been written by paid professionals, with agendas. It's likely to be filled in by unsuspecting anglers and the results used against us:

http://www.cefas.co.uk/projects/recreation...tion-zones.aspx

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these are so far away from reality, you only have to read the introduction to realise that these people are on another planet compared with the ordinaries. I have to pick up a dictionary to even know what half the words mean. ;) must be me being tick.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

In my opinion, Barry, that questionnaire is, potentially, a MASSIVE nail in sea angling's coffin.

Why are they even asking these questions? If I asked somebody for their credit card and PIN number, my motives would be pretty obvious. That questionnaire seems to be asking pretty much just that!

The following benefits have been suggested for Recreational Sea Angling.

Suggested by whom? That questionnaire bears all the hallmarks of being composed by somebody with an anti-angling agenda.

The trouble is, some people will be filling it out. No doubt, those figures will then be multiplied by whatever it takes to make it look like it represents the views of a million sea anglers, and we simply won't be able to fish half the places we can right now. Take a look through history at how well anglers, English Nature and beaches mix. They simply don't.

I can't believe that the deadline is three weeks away, either. The irony is, everyone's so busy worrying about interference from Brussels, yet it's the enemy within that could possibly pose the biggest threat.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

In my opinion, Barry, that questionnaire is, potentially, a MASSIVE nail in sea angling's coffin.

Why are they even asking these questions? If I asked somebody for their credit card and PIN number, my motives would be pretty obvious. That questionnaire seems to be asking pretty much just that!

Suggested by whom? That questionnaire bears all the hallmarks of being composed by somebody with an anti-angling agenda.

The trouble is, some people will be filling it out. No doubt, those figures will then be multiplied by whatever it takes to make it look like it represents the views of a million sea anglers, and we simply won't be able to fish half the places we can right now. Take a look through history at how well anglers, English Nature and beaches mix. They simply don't.

I can't believe that the deadline is three weeks away, either. The irony is, everyone's so busy worrying about interference from Brussels, yet it's the enemy within that could possibly pose the biggest threat.

I like the bit about the following benifits for the rsa, must be a first, then. Who is this english nature, don't think iv'e seen any of those guys on a boat before, so why would i expect them on one of the boats i go on. What benifit will they be giving me. I'm the same as you Elton, wouldn't trust em with a dogs stick.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Leon

Didn't you attend a meeting in London concerning MPA's NTZ's MCZ's the other day?

The detail concerning angling methods seems quite well researched.

8) What is the main method you use for each species you catch from the methods below?

leger, float, drift, uptide, spinning, trolling, pirking, jigging, fly, freeline

Would you know if anyone from RSA was giving Natural England / CEFAS a helping hand with this?

20) Restrictions on angling methods allowed (e.g. no bait fishing)

I find that a very suspicious question.

I would go as far as to say that if I was compiling a questionnaire to maximise my chances of getting a favourable response to proposed restrictions being placed on anglers, I would focus on fly and lure anglers for the most support, and possibly lead them into thinking they were going to be thrown a bone for doing so.

missed out anchoring :) my favorite, shadding, jelly worming, live baiting.

missed out anchoring

I think you'll find that anchoring is almost certainly going to get banned.

shadding, jelly worming,

You'll be lucky, Barry. They contain lead!

live baiting

:lol::lol::lol:

Look on the bright side, Barry. The cost of a fishing trip is going to come right down once this lot have finished with you. A loaf of 'Mothers Pride' ain't going to catch that double figure Bass or the lunker Cod though.

Why would any angler vote for restrictions on fishing methods, i.e, no bait fishing? So, why is the question even in there?

It seems to me that the decisions have already been made and this is just a paper excercise so they can say anglers were consulted. I'm very, very concerned about where all this is leading. Article 47 pales into insignificance compared to the grave implications of this study. Could our misrepresentatives really be so naive as to actually support and cooperate with this rubbish?

Then again, I don't suppose any of this will affect those fishing from the bank of a muddy creek for mullet with a float, artificial lead shot, a size 12 barbless hook and a bit of bread. Or with a fly or spinner for schoolie basslings.

Sold down the river yet again. Words can't describe the anger I'm feeling right now.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I've just had a quick look around the CEFAS site. Alarm bells really should be ringing!!!!

"Cooperation from anglers in providing an improved knowledge base to underpin future management of recreational sea angling is crucial if the management of RSA is to be improved and we therefore hope that sea anglers will contribute to our research programmes where-ever possible."

Hang on. We're not managed. So, basically, what they are saying is that if we give them data, they'll use it to become our managers.

We have been working with NFSA/Angling Trust who also support our aims for improving data on sea angling so that understanding and management can be improved.

I shan't be turning to them to get us out of this mess, then.

Taken from this page:

http://www.cefas.co.uk/projects/recreation...ea-angling.aspx