CEFAS Questionnaire

Elton

Then again, I don't suppose any of this will affect those fishing from the bank of a muddy creek for mullet with a float, artificial lead shot, a size 12 barbless hook and a bit of bread. Or with a fly or spinner for schoolie basslings.

Even if it did, Steve, I'm sure that some would think that sacrificing a few hours down a creek or estuary, in vain, a few times a year has to be worth it when there are so many meetings one will be able to attend.

We have to realise that some people are so insanely jealous of those anglers catching some half decent fish, that they will partially blame them for their own lack of success, and seek to put an end to the favoured techniques and close their productive marks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All requests for information on this should be addressed to Leon Roskilly who is heavily involved with this. The Grim reaper of sea angling will be theregrinning as the last nail is hammered into the coffin of the countries sea anglers.

Ive seen this questionnaire and its frightening. Disguised as a research project for marine protected areas its questions are far further reaching. They want to know : where you fish, when you fish, what you catch and how much you catch, they even ask you to name your favourite mark. Call me cynical but it looks like they want sea anglers to tell them which areas to restrict access too. If they dont close your favourite bass fishing spot they will likely hand your data over to the commercials as they did at Flamborough Head.

Anyone with an angling related business, charter skippers, tackle owners and even website owners needs to realise that participation in this research could be like signing your own death warrant. Be afraid.

Hes also been given the job of spreading the news

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=156492

Strange he never posted on the Whitby Forum.

Edited by glennk

Whoever's 'fault' it is, I think the serious issue is formulating some kind of response, considering the short time-scale we've been given.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What can you do Elton, its all but over mate. Things like this have been a long time in the making and should have been shot down when they were just at the idea stage. The involvement of NFSA and SACN with this project has been known for a long time now. Sadly too many people have given the angling reps their seal of approval and gone against anyone who has tried to highlight the insanity of getting involved with DEFRA, CEFAS and Natural England. As youve seen for yourself the questions are so loaded its obvious where this research is taking us. I think were all up Mullet creek without a paddle.

Guest challenge
What can you do Elton, its all but over mate. Things like this have been a long time in the making and should have been shot down when they were just at the idea stage. The involvement of NFSA and SACN with this project has been known for a long time now. Sadly too many people have given the angling reps their seal of approval and gone against anyone who has tried to highlight the insanity of getting involved with DEFRA, CEFAS and Natural England. As youve seen for yourself the questions are so loaded its obvious where this research is taking us. I think were all up Mullet creek without a paddle.

Things have been along time in the making glenk, you where told time and time again or should I say warned about the pitfalls of bureaucracy and the bureaucrats. But you would have none of it. You where warned by ex commercial fishermen and commercial fishermen on here who had the hindsight and experience to warn you of what you where letting yourselves in for. But instead you where spending all your energy on a constant assault against individuals on here and commercial fishermen while proudly supporting Leon at every given opportunity.

Would you like me to show the forum some links? I am sure you wouldn’t.

Stop blaming others for at least doing something that they obviously believe in when doing nothing yourself, well nothing till now that is. Along time in the making.

Regards.

But instead you where spending all your energy on a constant assault against individuals on here and commercial fishermen while proudly supporting Leon at every given opportunity.

Would you like me to show the forum some links? I am sure you wouldn’t.

Not half, yes please. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..