Anyone Looking For A Job?

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Elton

This new role, part-funded by WWF-UK

Another worrying aspect of the Angling Trust.

Why worrying?

Looking at the big picture I'd have thought it was encouraging that a conservation based organisation is part funding the post.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Why worrying?

Looking at the big picture I'd have thought it was encouraging that a conservation based organisation is part funding the post.

Because Of quotes like this, probably:

As an angler or when visiting the coast:

* Don't use lead weights for angling as lead is a toxic metal.

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/...e/help/anglers/

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Because Of quotes like this, probably:

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/...e/help/anglers/

Hmm, see your point.

The money they provide to the job could be very useful as long as the right person was appointed though.

I was just looking at it from the view that my keepnet was half full!

(Oh god, that'll probably start something up now. No I don't use a keepnet, it was a figure of speech)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I'm on the phone to the Keepnet Police as we speak :D

Why worrying?

Hello Worms

I am looking at the big picture.

How can Anglers Trust represent anglers interests on subjects like closed areas, perhaps your favourite rock mark or the only exercisable head land or beach for miles when the very people who are ardent supporters of them and of implementing them where they have the most impact, not much use putting them where no body fishes, are paying for your representation.

How can the Anglers Trust fight for a sensible bag limit for cod when the WWF are constantly lobbying for a Zero catch on cod.

What is the reason for them to get involved with anglers if not to influence the out come of issues they are interested in.

WWF are eco worriers same as Green Peace and English Nature only slicker and sneakier.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Worms

I am looking at the big picture.

How can Anglers Trust represent anglers interests on subjects like closed areas, perhaps your favourite rock mark or the only exercisable head land or beach for miles when the very people who are ardent supporters of them and of implementing them where they have the most impact, not much use putting them where no body fishes, are paying for your representation.

How can the Anglers Trust fight for a sensible bag limit for cod when the WWF are constantly lobbying for a Zero catch on cod.

What is the reason for them to get involved with anglers if not to influence the out come of issues they are interested in.

WWF are eco worriers same as Green Peace and English Nature only slicker and sneakier.

Morning Wurzel,

I see your keepnet's half empty!

Seriously though. I was just hoping, as I said in my last post, probably naively, that with funding from a major organisation such as WWF UK and the right person in the job that it could be a good thing.

In my opinion, anything that promotes angling, including money to fund jobs, can be no bad thing as long as the donating body does not try to influence decisions.

The Angling trust 's claims are a dedication to supporting and promoting angling. From that, I would not think that WWF UK money would or indeed could be used against angling without a massive backlash that would damage the Trust.

Again naive perhaps but, let's get an angler into the job and make sure the money is used correctly.

As for lumping English Nature (now Natural England) in with "eco-warriors" come on! Wouldn't that involve something like commitment and a decision making process from them?!

I'm on the phone to the Keepnet Police as we speak :D

Anybody want to buy a keepnet?

It's a stainless steel knotted mesh material with holes in the mesh of 30mm internal circumference, 1m in length with supporting rings every 50cm that are 100cm in circumference.

Cheap, honest, great for barbel!