Beware Of The British Fly Fishing Team!

Jake

Dragonbat, I hope that picture of you was taken under poor lighting conditions. If not, I'd hate to see your parents because of a weak stomach condition. I don't think I could handle it!

French Canadian? I don't think so! Do you honestly believe that a Frencehman would join in on an English site, like this? I'm over 3,000 miles away from them and that's the way it's going to stay.

I must admit that you guys are feistier and have a good sense of humour. I've been subjected to a few "No Fun Allowed" fishing sites and it's been a drag. This is my cup of (english) tea.

I leave tomorrow morning for a week with the family for the annual family trip. Fishing this time of year, because of the heat, is a bit slow but it's the being together, that makes it all worth it, just the same.

Jake

Why do birds suddenly appear

Every time you are near?

Just like me, they long to be

Close to you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Brett:

A true story from 1993?  It's taken a long while to travel this far??

Regarding the buzzer pattern, how did you fish it?

You may have fished it to fast or there again you might have fished it to slow?  On the other hand you could have fished it much faster than at first, but perhaps if you had fished it a little bit faster than fishing it to slow that might have worked.

Of course you could have fished it too high or there again too deep.

Who knows??? Who cares?? after all it was in 1993!!

Perhaps the anchor was trown around in high spirits, or perhaps the guy who witnessed it was drunk, perhaps the England team were all drunk, perhaps the anchor has a life of it's own.  Perhaps it's ******  off with being trown in all the time??  Who cares?? it was in 1993!

Colin.

PS Did you know Charles Jardine used to play in a PUNK ROCK band?  Perhaps he's really Canadian, just like the Pink Floyd [i seem to remember going to school with Dave Gilmour in Cambridge??]or was that list of British rock stars and bands a Canadian Joke?   :confused:      :rolleyes:      :D

Colin, I fished it fast or there again I might have fished it to slow? On the other hand I could have fished it much faster than at first, but perhaps if I had fished it a little bit faster than fishing it to slow that might have worked. Of course I could have fished it too high or there again too deep. But the next time I fish the buzzer, I will definitely fish it not as slow or fast as I did in 1993. I will fish it with a medium action but with a different pattern.

I know and I care! After all, it's not 1993 ( but I wish it was). It's 2002!!!

Jake

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

I fished with the english Team too.......... they thrashed our bo***cks as well, however apart from that I found them a friendly bunch, If they were using an anchor they were not an international team as under CIPS rules competitors must fish from a DRIFTING boat!!!!! :D:D

If the English team was practising for a competition you can be sure they were fishing methods allowed in the rules 'cos they sure aren't stupid enough to waste practise time on ways to catch fish they cant use in the competition. :P:P:P

http://www.anglingireland.info

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Dragonbat:

Answer this if you can are you a French Canadian ??

D'bat - a good (well, I suppose there are) French Canadian will rarely admit to speaking any English at all. As I remember it, the Quebec folk aren't at all fond of Canadians from the other provinces, only very slightly more fond of US residents (or maybe less un-fond) and goodness knows what they think of Brits. I'm not even real sure if they like folk from France or not.

Jake - welcome to you. Glad to have another northern neighbor on the bbs. And you somehow left Mahatma Gandhi off your list of famous Canadians. As well as Sergeant Preston Of The Yukon who had his own TV show when I was much younger. Or maybe that was in Alaska.

Posted Image

[ 25. August 2002, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, thanks for the welcome! Speaking of Sgt. Preston, these are some of my favourite English shows that I enjoyed watching: Benny Hill, Mr. Bean, Peter Sellers, Goon Show and especially Faulty Towers. Great stuff! They just don't make them like that any more. Pity!

Jake

PS. I know a few French Canadians that are full of themselves and do not like you or my kind. Maybe they feel that way because they saw the movie Braveheart! :P

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Jake - I'm from North Carolina. :)

And spent a couple years on an ice breaker that wintered on Lake Michigan and in Spring we'd head down the St Lawrence and around to Greenland to open the passages for them so they could get food shipped in earlier.

Each trip we'd make several stops at various Quebec cities along the St Lawrence. Since I don't speak French, I had trouble getting anyone to talk to me unless I was in uniform. At that time, they forgave US residents for not speaking French. But not Canadians.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Jake - I'm from North Carolina.    :)  

And spent a couple years on an ice breaker that wintered on Lake Michigan and in Spring we'd head down the St Lawrence and around to Greenland to open the passages for them so they could get food shipped in earlier.

Each trip we'd make several stops at various Quebec cities along the St Lawrence.  Since I don't speak French, I had trouble getting anyone to talk to me unless I was in uniform.  At that time, they forgave US residents for not speaking French.  But not Canadians.

Newt,

I have been in the province of Quebec on two occasions. The first time was a hockey tournament in Montreal (1970) and at the Quebec City Summit to assist in crowd control of the protesters (2001). I was basically treated the same way on both counts. They were rude and played the role of not being able to understand what I was saying. You know, it didn't bother me that much. If they want to walk around with some kind of chip on their shoulder, which I did not place there; so be it! Life's too short for me to worry about things that I have no control over. One good thing about that part of the country is the fact that there are some fine looking women there.

Jake

PS. Have you participated on VFS bulletin board, in the past?

[ 03. September 2002, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Jake ]

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

AberdeenAngus:

Is it true that the address of Canada is 668...... next door to the beast at 666?

Canada is known for it's beavers. Keeping that in mind, our address is very simple to remember. It's "69".

I must admit that you were very close, but no Clinton cigar for you, this time.

Jake

[ 05. September 2002, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Jake ]

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Jake:

PS.  Have you  participated on VFS bulletin board, in the past?

Never even heard of it. But if it is a goodun, I'm always up for another bbs. :D