essex rivers

ricey

ricey:

thanks for your help guys.

i've been looking at the Suffolk Stour up near Sudbury , apparently its got a stock of large barbel and loads of nice pike too, dunno where though.

anybody been along the Stour at all?

Sudbury AC or AA controls loads of the Stour around Sudbury. There are also day tickets available for some stretches.

Give the tackle shop in Sudbury a bell (dont know the name, take a look at yellowpages.co.uk)

London AA also has loads of stretches.

Flatford mill is day ticket with loads of bream taken near the mill pool.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Let us know how you get on Ricey, The suffolk Stour is a river I keep meaning to go and have a proper look at, fished it once, several years ago with a workmate who was mad keen on piking, and caught quite a few jack pike, Although I had more fun catching the livebaits

Mat

Ricketts Backwater,

Take the Hatfield Peveral Turn off from the A12, then follow the B1019 to Langford, Turn right into Ulting Lane, fishery entrance is on the left just after the waterworks, you can't miss it, theres a big green iron gate with a Maldon AS sign on it, you'll need the key from Maldon AS to open the gate though! park by the lake (Ricketts Mere) and then walk about 100 yards down the track and over the brick bridge over the canal. Fishery starts from that point, and goes about 700 yards upstream to the weirpool, which is well worth a few casts, especially when the water is low!

One other point - Wear decent boots, the Backwater runs alongside the canal, but on a lower level, so the ground around there is almost always quite boggy

Mat