catch and release fisheries?

stavey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stavey

The only venue I know that allows fish to be returned is Spring Wood just of the A21 at Flimwell. I am not sure if it is pure catch and release it may be a 2 fish ticke then catch and release.(01580 879525)

A little further up the A21 just into Kent is Spring Hill Fishery just of the A21 at Pembury same story here may do a sporting ticket but definately allow some sort of catch and release (01892 826041).

Again over the border into Kent the Tenterden Trout Fishery does a "Sporting Ticket"

http://www.tenterden-trout-waters.co.uk/FAQ/faq.html

Stavey

Hope you find something in these three. I have fished Spring Hill and Tenterden once each and only got as far aw walking round Spring Wood. When I do my limited amount of fly fishing its either on the annual trip to Scotland, or localy at Bewel or Yew Trea near Crowborough, neither of which allow fish to be returned.

That said I have heard good reports of the other three and if you are interested there is a small pool at Spring Wood where you can Fly fish for Pike. A bit small for my liking but it may be of interest.

Stowting is C&R - excellent little fishery run by very nice people.

Give Carol Cole a ring on 01303 862401 to arrange a visit. The fishery is a little bit North of Ashford, well worth the small trek from East Sussex.

Last time I visited a half day ticket was only £9.

You can keep fish if you want to, but you pay for them by the lB.

Cheers,

Adam.

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!