• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 peterthefisherman

peterthefisherman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

I thought that brown trout had a fixed season everywhere starting - midnight on the 14 th March. Some places such as Loch Leven choosing voluntarily to open later. I stand to be corrected though.
A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

#12 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing (still water), char and ferox fishing. Occasional sea fishing. Photography, making (amateur) fishing videos.

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:06 AM

Season for brownies just started today in Northumbria region and it was 15th March in Cumbria so it must vary a bit from region to region depending on the bylaws. check out the EA site for regional details; http://www.environme...s/fish/?lang=_e

[ 23. March 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: franticfisherman2 ]

To see my videos,  look HERE - Enjoy.......FF2

#13 phil dean

phil dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:fishing, when i'm allowed and being a dad

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:29 PM

yes it's open and guess what I'll be doing on friday morning............ok yes, i'll be trying for a few small wild brownies..........great fun.
phil,
JOIN ANMC TODAY

#14 Tony U

Tony U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fishing and more fishing and oh yes Morris Dancing

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:25 PM

Well I have a session booked in at Walton Hall Trout Fishery (near Wakefield) it has a few wild brownies in amongst the stockie Rainbows
Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

#15 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing (still water), char and ferox fishing. Occasional sea fishing. Photography, making (amateur) fishing videos.

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

For some unknown reason, most of the stillwaters I fish that are stocked with rainbows, insist you put brownies back! Seems daft to me - why have fish in a "put & take" lake if you can't keep them? If you do catch one it's usually by accident and if you put it back it becomes virtually uncatchable. To see these good sized browns lurking about the shallows just gets frustrating, especially for beginners! Personally, I don't even waste my time casting at them anymore.

#16 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:all fishing

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:19 PM

FF2 after the vidio I thought you practiced catch and release all the time!!!!!!!!!

#17 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:46 PM

P.S thanks for the flies phil, now Ive seen your style Ill send some other patterns.

#18 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 05:43 AM

Please send some with "pointy bits", apparently they're all the rage! :) I'm working on some special buzzers, just need a hatch to give em a try. If they work I'll send you a couple. If they don't work I'll send you half-a-dozen :D :D :D

#19 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

As requested Ive found some flies with pointy bits for you, now please inform the staff when they take you out, cause they,ll have to do a risk assesment with such dangerous implements!!

#20 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:07 PM

Oh heck! the men in white coats are coming - must dash...............