River wey/ Farnham

JayP

Dunno if this helps guys,

I live near Farnham and have seen trout being caught from the River Wey in Tilford, there is a car park opposote the cricket green, you can miss it really, last year a chap took a couple out in less than an hour

hope it helps

Keep it reel!!

Well done JP, just sat down with my Day Ticket Fishery Guide and you had beaten me too it. :)

Moorhen Trout Fishery doesn't have a web address but the telephone number is 01730 829460 £25 for 2 fish, £16 catch and release, rainbows, browns and have seen a carp which has been caught a couple of times during the summer on the fly.

My pick of the three would be Meon Springs, it's just a lovely place to fish and Sam the baliff does an excellent job, plus if you blank you can claim the fish on your next trip, not that you will. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvinmarvin:

Well done JP, just sat down with my Day Ticket Fishery Guide and you had beaten me too it.    :)  

Moorhen Trout Fishery doesn't have a web address but the telephone number is 01730 829460 £25 for 2 fish, £16 catch and release, rainbows, browns and have seen a carp which has been caught a couple of times during the summer on the fly.

My pick of the three would be Meon Springs, it's just a lovely place to fish and Sam the baliff does an excellent job, plus if you blank you can claim the fish on your next trip, not that you will.    :D  

Could you give me directions from the A3 for the moorhen please,or the address/location.

Would Meon be a good place for a novice/returnee to fly fishing to go to :) ,or would you suggest anywhere else in surrey.

Sorry Jay p if i have hijacked your thread

Is this a good forum or what,ask a question on anything and you have 6000 guys worldwide on a mouse!

Went to my daughters at Thames Ditton last year and thought I seen wild parrots flying around so posted it up here - loads of replys,yes they are breeding.

Sorry I know this is off thread but I am canny ****-d cos the toon won X

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

For both Meon Springs and Moorhen you would be better off heading towards Alton, along the bypass out of Farnham, at the second roundabout you head towards East Tisted, follow the road all the way to West Meon. As you enter the village Meon Springs is sign posted at the first left turn, watch the roads they get very narrow. If you want to go to Moorhen, don't turn left just carry on through the village and it's about half a mile on your right.

Personally I would fish Meon Springs, it's a great setting, if you ask Sam he will give you any help you want and direct you to the best spot, don't forget to cast along the margins, a lot of the fish cruise these areas and everybody just casts over them!

You don't have to pay until you leave so if you decide to go for more fish then you can without having to keep going back to the hut, plus there is catch and release on the bottom pond (very muddy) if you decide to stop at 2.

Orvis have an open day there once a year, a great day out for the family, casting lessons, great sale and demo's, keep your eye open it's worth going, they usually have flyers at the shop in Lion and Lamb Yard.

Good Luck

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com