Killer Flies 2004

Guest franticfisherman2

Little brown ball resembling a "trout pellet". Can work a treat chuby. Will post those poppers off tomorrow. Would be good if you could find somewhere on the river to freeline them down the current and then pull them back in little jerks like a fish in distress. Bet the chub like them or maybe a pike.Plan B fish them on a reservoir for trout. Pan C go to a loud rock concert and stick them in your lugs - whatch out for the point mind!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buzzer started life with orange T-shirt paint for wing cases but it has flaked off after a while. I need to cover it with varnish or epoxy to make it stronger. Or I'll use some strips of orange crisp packet or biscuit wrapper for the next batch. Haven't used f-flies much but I have some at the ready....roll on the decent weather - it's snowing here tonight! I'm sure we'll all kick ourselves when Snatcher tells us what a TP fly is :D:D:D

killer flies!! I fished a few comps last year best results were in no paticular order, black blob orange blob, booby versions of both super glue buzzers , mini cat boobys ,diawl bach ,red holos jungle cock cheeks,various sedgehogs and of course damsel flys, I found lightly dressed versions worked best and for longer. Theres a new batch of flies on the go at the moment and so far the results are promising. If the results carry on the way they have been Ill pop a few on the screen,(after the competitions). What I did find was that my most succesful item wasnt afly but a line, the rio midge tip I probably 60% of my fish on this line. I used it static nymphing ,and pulling blobs and boobies, it handled all situations well, and seemed to pick fish up when all else was struggeling, any one in line for a pressie could buy a lot worse than one of these.

Snatcher:

Little brown ball resembling a "trout pellet". Can work a treat chuby. Will post those poppers off tomorrow. Would be good if you could find somewhere on the river to freeline them down the current and then pull them back in little jerks like a fish in distress. Bet the chub like them or maybe a pike.Plan B fish them on a reservoir for trout. Pan C go to a loud rock concert and stick them in your lugs - whatch out for the point mind!

Mm stupid of me :rolleyes: .Cheers :D

franticfisherman2:

Posted Image

These are my killer flies for stillwater rainbows from last season. Anyone got any more sure-fire winners?   :)  

Can you explain the middle one please and how is it used.

Cheers

Bloodworm imatation Chubs,not sure how Phil fishes it though!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

It is made by twisting Flexifloss under tension, doubling it and allowing it to twist up like a rope. the cut ends are then tied onto the hook. this is then repeated for the bit sticking out the other side of the tying. Fish it dead slow under a bung or similar. I even got a fish on it during lunch - just left it lying on the bottom in a couple of feet of water and nearly lost the rod!

Apart from fishing my other main interest is making videos of fishing & fly-tying. I have a short (10 mins) instructional video on how to tie this style of bloodworm if anyone wants a copy. I'm afraid I would have to charge £2 for it to cover postage/packing/DVD media/jewel case. Send me a message via this site wih your name and address if anyone is interested. If I get time I'm going to do one on tying the G&H sedge this year - advance orders welcome!....FF2