Rivers, tools for the job

Severn Wolf

certainly a list of esoteric tackle from randy got examples of some of the tackle mentioned, but it would certainly take a commited bank balance to equipe ones self with a complete range of such gear. I would add hardy and thomas+thomas , pezon michel to the range of rods, hardy and ari hart certainly are a match for even the best american reels.!! The best trout rod in the world? I would venture that is a matter of personal choice, Ive a loomis glx ,which I prefer to either my sage or thomas+ thomas but Ive companions who prefer their sage, you pays your money and to take your pick.!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a greys missionary travel rod, its fantastic, with the grx reel and cortland line a very good package and not too expensive

Jim, I think I left out a bunch of good fly rod manufacturers as well as reel makers. A few other rods to consider are Orvis, and Scott to mention a few (Loomis and T&T have already been mantioned).

A few more reels to consider, Hardy, Lamson, and again Orvis, and isn't Cortland a British company?

It's good to have these discussions. I've learned alot from the peopel from this board and I hope I've taught others as well.

Randy