Ferox

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 jeepster

jeepster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, cooking, fishing and cooking. Oh and a bit of boozing too.

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

seems strange to post it in the fly fishing section if it wasn't caught on the fly. good fish either way though

#12 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing (still water), char and ferox fishing. Occasional sea fishing. Photography, making (amateur) fishing videos.

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:24 PM

There doesn't seem to be a suitable forum for game fishing with bait so we've had to commandeer the Fly Fishing Forum. I'm afraid you'll have to put up with us! :) It was actually caught on a trolled char deadbait. It's not really practical to fly-fish for them. By the way, Jeepster - there are ferox in Lake Bala (Lyn Tegid) in mid-Wales, not that far from you!

To see my videos,  look HERE - Enjoy.......FF2

#13 Adz

Adz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

If they'll take lures (which, according to the Ferox85 group, they will) then you can make flies they'll take.

Fishing them on a 'traditional' fly fishing set up might be tricky, but there's no reason why a fly couldn't, or shouldn't, be fished on coarse gear with down riggers.

Must try harder...
Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

#14 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:all fishing

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:53 AM

Try using a snake! Its a tieing that can be changed about so if anyone wants to try it drop me a line and ill try and tie some different ones.

#15 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing (still water), char and ferox fishing. Occasional sea fishing. Photography, making (amateur) fishing videos.

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:12 AM

I'd like to see this snake Jim - as long as it's not wearing trousers!

#16 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:15 PM

your wish is my command!!!! red and green be ok Ill try and get one tied by the weekend!

#17 franticfisherman2

franticfisherman2

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

I'm sure it will be up to your usual high standard - can't wait mate :)

#18 corydoras

corydoras

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

Adz:
Not exactly cricket is it?

No its fishing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

#19 corydoras

corydoras

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,153 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

Adz:
If they'll take lures (which, according to the Ferox85 group, they will) then you can make flies they'll take.

Fishing them on a 'traditional' fly fishing set up might be tricky, but there's no reason why a fly couldn't, or shouldn't, be fished on coarse gear with down riggers.

Must try harder...

What is the point of that? I know that this is the fly fishing forum, but you fly fishermen who think that YOUR sport is the ONLY real angling and ANY other method is somehow 'inferior' really get up my neb.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

#20 jim doyle

jim doyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

"What is the point of that?" It,s fun!!!! Just like any other form of fishing, and I do them all :) :) :)