Need some runs!!!!!

Polly

I'm trying to organise a two-day trip with a mate who is on VERY limited fishing time (non-understanding wife). I'm struggling a tad on my local (Woolpack) at the moment but I know my time will come. It's just a case of when but I don't want to gamble on taking him there for us both to struggle as he only gets out a couple of times a year. Would be a good social but we want to put some fish on the bank.

Can anyone point me at a reasonably nearby "Runs Water" (not a commercial puddle please!!!) where we can be fairly sure of getting some action. By nearby I'm talking sort of within an hours drive of Cambridge area, in other words Eastwards as far a Norwich(ish), Westwards as far as Bedford (ish) Northwards as far as Peterborough (ish) and Southwards ???? unknown territory for me!!!

Obviously needs to be a venue offering 24 hr tickets and with cleansing facilities if possible. I know about Catch 22 and Swangey near Norwich but would appreciate up-to-date info on how they are fishing.

Our current "Top of the pile" looks like Manor Farm, nr Biggleswade but neither of us have fished there. It looks ok and is perfecly sited being only 1/2 hours drive away.

Anyway over to you lot, can anyone put us on a venue where we can get regular runs??????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP, CAN'T EVEN GET A PICK UP ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

C'MON GUYS NEED SOME HELP HERE............

I wouldn't go to manor farm if you paid me. It is apparently quite easy but a bit of a hole in the ground. I'm quite local to it but I don't fish day ticket waters. You could do worse than join something like the shefford and district club and fish the Airman (for carp & cats). That's an OK water and relatively easy. Plus once you've joined it you have it for the year - and the other waters on the card (and it isn't too pricey as I recall).

Rob.

no1ash:

manor farm is a brilliant place to fish has some outstanding carp and bream if you struggle for the carp your bound to catch a bream if you chuk the right amount of bait down

Which lake do you fish then????

RobStubbs:

I wouldn't go to manor farm if you paid me.  It is apparently quite easy but a bit of a hole in the ground.  I'm quite local to it but I don't fish day ticket waters.  You could do worse than join something like the shefford and district club and fish the Airman (for carp & cats).  That's an OK water and relatively easy.  Plus once you've joined it you have it for the year - and the other waters on the card (and it isn't too pricey as I recall).

Rob.

Sounds like you've had bad experiences @ Manor Farm, or is it just because it's (and I agree) a bit of a hole in the ground/commercial puddle type venue???

According to my maps Shefford is quite close to my home in Papworth and sounds very interesting, do you have any more info or a contact name???

I did say 'apparently', but I drive past the place fairly often and I have a few friends who fish at Manor every now and again. I really don't like ugly waters so that's in part where my comments come from, although I do know of factual errors in some of the reported fish weights (I'll let you work that one out ;-) ).

Shefford tickets are I think available from Andy's in Shefford (if it's still there) or North Herts Angling Centre in Baldock deffinately sell them and they're in teh phone book.

Rob.

[ 07. July 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: RobStubbs ]

RobStubbs:

I did say 'apparently', but I drive past the place fairly often and I have a few friends who fish at Manor every now and again.  I really don't like ugly waters so that's in part where my comments come from, although I do know of factual errors in some of the reported fish weights (I'll let you work that one out ;-) ).

Shefford tickets are I think available from Andy's in Shefford (if it's still there) or North Herts Angling Centre in Baldock deffinately sell them and they're in teh phone book.

Rob.

Thanks Mate!!!!