Need some runs!!!!!

Polly

ginger:

How do Polly. Theer is always Swanton Morley!!!

Ginger, where y'bin hiding mate!! How's it going @ SM then????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common 40:

Polly, would northants  be too far?? I know an ideal water to suit you if it isn't

Northampton is approx an hour from me (Papworth, Nr St.Neots) so it sort of depends on which corner of Northants you're on about. My mate was talking about Linear in Oxford which I've said is too far (spend more time travelling there & back than wetting a line!!!!).

I just want to fish a "runs" type water where we can have a bit of social banter as well.

So where is this lake then pray tell???? looking at going first week in August

castle ashby, i had 19 carp in 5 hours there during the daylight hours all mid doubles last season, a very very easy pond with good sport, can get weedy this time of year though, the pegs are comfotable not too far from the car park glad to give you more info if required?

Common 40:

castle ashby, i had 19 carp in 5 hours there during the daylight hours all mid doubles last season, a very very easy pond with good sport, can get weedy this time of year though, the pegs are comfotable not too far from the car park glad to give you more info if required?

19 in 5 hours, bring it on!!!!

Is that the place with 3 lakes/ponds, Quendon Lake or some-like name?????

More info very much appreciated please.......

you need to fish the middle pond of the three i think its called scotland pond its the one with the car park and cafe after the match lake...

catch on floaters all day long this weather best swim is opposite peg 30 fishing between the 2nd two islands a real runs water i think its still £6 for two rods in the day and £15 for 24 hours

http://freespace.virgin.net/r.spencer/Venu...castleashby.htm

[ 12. July 2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

Common 40:

you need to fish the middle pond of the three i think its called scotland pond its the one with the car park and cafe after the match lake...

catch on floaters all day long this weather best swim is opposite peg 30 fishing between the 2nd two islands a real runs water i think its still £6 for two rods in the day and £15 for 24 hours

http://freespace.virgin.net/r.spencer/Venu...castleashby.htm

Thanks mate, is it a boilie and alarms sort of water or is that approach scorned upon????

its a general carp fishing lake, use whatever methods you like, but the ledgered boilie works a treat in the early hours, only thing i did not like was the abundance of wasps I hate the bloody things, but i guess i was close to a nest lol i actually packed away cos of the damn things one day

Common 40:

its a general carp fishing lake, use whatever methods you like, but the ledgered boilie works a treat in the early hours, only thing i did not like was the abundance of wasps I hate the bloody things, but i guess i was close to a nest lol i actually packed away cos of the damn things one day

So I won't look daft with my pod and alarms then. If it aint bl@@dy rats it 'kin wasps, God knows why these sort of creatures were ever put on the damn planet. Do I need to phone up and book for a 24 hour session or can we just turn up and pay on the bank??? I've checked my map book and reckon it's around 40 miles door to door so well within range for me.

Read about Castle Ashby years ago and always fancied a trip so here goes...............

Thanks for the tip, any more you'd like to pass my way regarding baits, methods etc would be appreciated.

Think we'll be going 2nd/3rd Aug all being well, might even see you there.

no prob with the info m8 but, you wont see me there lol, (hate wasps vowed never to go till exterminated the nests :mad: ) you wont look silly with the alarms and pod proper carp gear why should you? yes you pay on the bank per rod...baits i would definately take at least 2 kilo of active 8 for your 24 hour session, and feed with your catapult 10 freebies every 20 mins or so...pva bag around 10 active 8 on your cast after every catch, nothing else, as in ground bait or fancy methods...use a normal line aligner bottom bait rig with a 2 oz lead semi fixed...size 8 hook nothing smaller...10lb mono mainline and 12lb mono hooklink is fine nothing stronger....when you get to the lake car park head left and go to the best swim available to enable you to fish to the peg 30 sign opposite you between the islands get there early when the gates open at 6am.... chuck as tight to the islands as you can the man in peg 30 opposite cannot cast to you because of the overhanging trees, so you have alot of water.. i promise you will have alot of runs in 24 hours big time....

good luck ....oh and say hello to brett for me (the owners son) hope this helped m8

[ 13. July 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

Common 40:

no prob with the info m8 but, you wont see me there lol, (hate wasps vowed never to go till exterminated the nests     :mad:     ) you wont look silly with the alarms and pod proper carp gear why should you? yes you pay on the bank per rod...baits i would definately take at least 2 kilo of active 8 for your 24 hour session, and feed with your catapult 10 freebies  every 20 mins or so...pva bag around 10 active 8 on your cast after every catch, nothing else, as in ground bait or fancy methods...use a normal line aligner bottom bait rig with a 2 oz lead semi fixed...size 8 hook nothing smaller...10lb mono mainline and 12lb mono hooklink is fine nothing stronger....when you get to the lake car park head left and go to the best swim available to enable you to fish to the peg 30 sign opposite you between the islands get there early when the gates open at 6am.... chuck as tight to the islands as you can the man in peg 30 opposite cannot cast to you because of the overhanging trees, so you have alot of water.. i promise you will have alot of runs in 24 hours big time....

good luck ....oh and say hello to brett for me (the owners son) hope this helped m8

BLIMEY!!!

That'll do mate, couldn't ask for much more could I, Cheers Bud.