were are all being taken for mugs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notul:

Of course we are being ripped off.Richworth boilies for starters,just over HALF the price in France for the exact same boilies. I have written twice to Richworths re this with no reply ! Greys rods;Advertised at £169.99, but you can 3 for £400 if you shop around.And the shop still makes a profit. You could go on, name these rip off merchants and expose them,they are getting fat on our money.

Seriously, Richworth Bilies are half the price in france? Thats outragous!

Cheers

Jon

A good example is Carp R Us Gizmos and Gemini Snood clips, I cant remember the prices, but the gizmos are about 3-4 times the price and they actually buy them of Gemini. Gemini have the machine and make them, Carp R Us buy them, give them a new name and package and quadruple the price!

Cheers

Jon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

yes i am back and angrier than ever

have a look through the pages attached to the topic and help me educate people

first reels ten ball bearings £50 similar reel £200 whats the big difference to the vast majority of anglers

bait still £12 a kilo ready frozen but how come each year a new super bait come so all the kids have too throw their hard earned on the new bait as their confidence gets a hammering

hoe come the best selling line costs six quid (sensor) but we are told we need super duper £30 line i am mad now

i am going to sit in a darkened room and roll some semolina speciala (dont go there)

TIGHT LINES ALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

its about time people step up and be counted,carpers are being ripped right left and centre its ok for some of us we no or have bothered to look else where and have shopped around,boiles all started from the likes of anglers like kev and rod going into there local super markets and delics and making a boilie, if people want to pay silly prices for the ingrediates,more foul them .make your own.its easy. maybe people could ask for recipies. tackle shop around try looking here www.askari_fishing.co.uk

bait bands my daughter came home one day, and showed me some bands she got from poundland, 100 clear bands for £1 my mouth dropped (yes i nicked them) ask your self how much do 10 bands in a tackle shop cost again. 100 bands for £1 or do you pay £3.50 for ten

Ok lads, if you go into a car dealer an buy a car do you haggle ? Yeh, of course you do.

If you pay list price for some of this gear then you may want to haggle a bit and support your local tackle shop as they're always willing to do a deal but have to list named brands at set pricing. Part of a dealer agreement, Ford, any of the tackle trade, you name it, they will set a high market price if we let them.

Go into your local shop and ask for a deal, they're not going to offer you money off if you dont ask are they ? unless of course you go in there regularly and support them so they get to know you ? If you go to the cheap mail order deals all the time and dont let your local dealer try and match it then they'll struggle to stay in business and we all loose out.

Price vs Demand - and they'll always make more gear than we can buy ?????

Bait's a bit different - it costs as much to roll it as do the materials - then you've got to package it and get it to the customer. And what do you do from October to March ?

Gazza_Wakey:

Morrisons are now selling these chairs for 9-99 but they are of better quality ...just thought I would let you know

Gazza,

Looking for a chair for my son now that he's getting bored sitting on a tackle box. Off to Morrisons tomorrow!