were are all being taken for mugs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

free bait what next the real lesson to be learnt in all of this is that when we all stick together the men at the top have to take notice lets keep this thread going boys theres loads more to come i assure you WE NEED YOU ALL NOW LETS HEAR ALL THE BARGAINS

A SPECIAL MENTION TO HAITHS MR KING TOP MAN I HOPE YOU ALL TAKE UP HIS OFFER AND SHOW WE DO ALL CARE

TIGHT LINES FOR THE 16TH BOYS

CRAKEMARSH :D:D:D:D

good to see all this advertising ,shall elton be recieving large parcels in the post

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

OP-JB:

Why are we being taken for mugs?

....because you don't have the full story...fella.

What is the full story? :confused:

What a load of wingers.

Life is what you make it, go to the same tackle shop year in year out and you will be looked after. By all means shop around, bet you always end up at the same place.

How many of you travel miles to save a few pence and forget the fuel cost etc.

How many of you go round the supermarket with a calculator in hand chesters1 always has one :D

Oh just sent out some free samples all at my cost It may have been you

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Dragon Bat i am afraid you have the wrong end of the stick mate having been in more shops than hot dinners and supported them for 30 years (just ask Johnny Durber) I am not talking about the dealers who give great service to angling but the merciless few who fleece us to death

ps would you pay twice as much from your fishing if it was crap I THINK NOT MY FRIEND

so chill i am only trying to help beginners

QUESTION WHY CAN NASHY SELL A £50 BED CHAIR BUT KNOW ONE ELSE CAN I BET HE ISNT SELLING EM FOR CHARITY

COMBERMERE ROCKS DRAGONBAT BUT THE SYNDICATE ROCKS THE ESTATE TIGHT LINES

STOKIE :D:D:D:D:D

Well krakemarsh it's you who need to chill.

The Dragonbat is always cool. You have exposed the tackletart side of your nature.

As for Combermere it may rock but if you are on the otherside on the big one then I rest my case you are prepared to pay a high price for your angling ???????

"Top tip wait and ye shall get what you want at the right price."

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

krakemarsh:

QUESTION WHY CAN NASHY SELL A £50 BED CHAIR BUT KNOW ONE ELSE CAN I BET HE ISNT SELLING EM FOR CHARITY

I'm not up to date with the exact prices on bedchairs. I also haven't seen the £50 Nashy ones so can't comment on them.

However, I am aware that there are now a lot of cheap bedchairs coming in from China etc. and more low price models are thus becoming available. Indeed firms like JRC have just introduced a budget range and I suspect many more will soon do the same.

However, it does not mean that the more expensive bedchairs are a rip-off. Personally, I'd prefer to pay more for a chair in aluminium rather than buy a cheaper model in steel which will be much heavier.

Many also feel that the quality control of a lot of imported tackle is not yet as good as with UK gear. I suspect that this will soon change and some of the UK firms that don't adapt could thus be in trouble. However, in the meantime it does give the angler a choice.

Choice in fact is the key word. There are some who prefer to pay a higher price for goods, especially with a "designer label", even if they can buy a similar product for less money. Indeed, many carp anglers in particular seem to feel that being seen with the right label is as important as catching fish. There's thus a place in the market for "overpriced" gear.

However, where I do feel we're being ripped off is when we in Britain pay a lot more for identical or nearly identical branded goods. I accept that our market is very much smaller than the US in particular, but the price difference is way over the top. Indeed, some tackle is a fair bit cheaper on the Continent than in the UK.

Unfortunately as we're an island, the carriage costs from overseas, and in the case of the States VAT and import duty as well, often negate a fair bit of the difference. There's also the question of what happens when things go wrong.

Despite this I think prices on these items will fall. What will drive prices down in particular will be the internet, and especially sites like Angler's Net. Not only will it be easier to compare prices, but Forums like this one will highlight them, as indeed this thread is doing.

However, the internet revolution may also lead to a lot of small shops closing as consumers will be able to buy direct even if it's sight unseen.

The question is whether this is a good thing or not. What do members think?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

what has driven angling shopsa out of business is the demise of the pleasure angler ten years ago wot has saved the industry is the uptake of commercial carp fisheries in our fishing may be not to alls taste but a god send all the same look at AT OR MAIL and see what i mean

DRAGONET I HOPE YOU DONT THINK I AM A TACKLE TART I WILL PAY A FORTUNE FOR TACKLE IF ITS WORTH THE PERFORMANCE HENCE MY CONCERN BY THE WAY YOUR ARE CLOSE TO THE TRUTH WITH YOUR COMBERMERE ASSESSMENT

BUT WOT PRICE FOR PEACE AND QUIET MY FRIEND FROM THE LITTLE ONE GOOD FISHING TO YOU I HOPE THIS PUTS YOUR MIND AT EASE

:D:D:D:D:D

THE FRIENDLY POTTER AS ALWAYS