Bowmans Farm

gooner

Hi all,

I am thinking about fishing Bowmans farm in London Colney, near St Albans. Has anybody heard of it? Does the place fish well? Any help or advice would be great! Thankyou! (rumour says there are a few fish 30lb plus)

yep

bowmans or (leggets farm as it used to be called in the days when it was controlled by verulam angling club)

3 lake set in open farm

match lake

farm lake

deep lake

deep lake depending on which enterance you use is the smallest lake of the 3 but holds the biggest fish

farm lake biggest lake of the 3 with lots of little arms coming of I find this lake tends to be the most consitant

match lake as name suggests

fish will be caught on all methods known to man and only 2 rules

*****NO LITTER******

*****NOTHING THAT HARMS THE FISH******

price of the rods are (from memory)

£6.00 ish for twelve hours but price tends to be cheaper the more rods you use

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE ROD LISENCE ea baliffs are regulars on this water

local tackle shops are in london colney

st.albans

hatfield

welwyn garden city

this water is alledgedly the easiest water in hertfordshire

access to the water is either on the A414 or via colney heath if you know the area (just follow signs for willows farm)

most swims on the lakes have good access for getting gear to the water and parking.

Baits wise use anything from boilies to fag butts(joking honest).

oh by the way the deep lake holds cats aswell but dont tell everyone

gooner the deep lake has been fishing well with reports of 6 differant 30 lb fish this in a lake about 1 acre !.most of the guys how fish it regular use a bait boat to get under the trees on the far side.have a good time but keep your wits about you it is a day ticket place after all and some problums were reported a while back.

although now vinny jones dad is the bailiff they seem to have gone can't think why!.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Hi guys and thankyou for all your advice!

I have just returned from a night at Bowmans on the deep lake. I can report 4 fish on the bank, a 5lb bream (hmmmmmmm), 10 and 12lb mirrors, and a new personal best for me a 23.5lb catfish!!!!!

All fish were on boilies and where caught in the night! Thanks again