Your Forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Elton_*

Guest_Elton_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2001 - 10:41 PM

Well, here it is....

Please use this forum for your enjoyment, be tolerant of each other and respect the difficult task of the moderators.

Over to you....

Elton

------------------
Save Money On Your Fishing...
Click Below
Cheap Fishing Tackle

#2 Guest_Gaffer_*

Guest_Gaffer_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2001 - 11:39 PM

Thanks Elton once again for all the hard work you put into this site. Posted Image

------------------
All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

#3 Guest_carpheaded_*

Guest_carpheaded_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 12:28 AM

Since my interest in this website is mainly carp fishing but my idea of a long session is 8 hours, I guess I should stick to the coarse fishing forum? Posted Image Posted Image

I don't mean to be a complainer, I truly appreciate all the work you do Elton, I'm just a little confused.

------------------
Ed
Carp fishing at Clear Lake in Northern California http://www.catfished...carpheaded.html

[This message has been edited by carpheaded (edited 27 November 2001).]

#4 Guest_Elton_*

Guest_Elton_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 12:45 AM

Originally posted by carpheaded:
Since my interest in this website is mainly carp fishing but my idea of a long session is 8 hours, I guess I should stick to the coarse fishing forum? Posted Image Posted Image

I don't mean to be a complainer, I truly appreciate all the work you do Elton, I'm just a little confused.

Carp, technically, are coarse fish.

However, there is a major arm of angling in the UK that involves long fishing sessions for them. Days, rather than hours. Obviously, the equipment and the culture of this vary somewhat to, say, one man stalking carp for four hours with one rod.

This forum is designed to cater for the longer session angler. Whilst there is some crossover, I felt that a forum was needed where discussion regarding bivvies, buzzers, stoves, bedchairs and the like were encouraged, as they tended to get stifled somewhat in the coarse forum.

All the best,

Elton

------------------
Save Money On Your Fishing...
Click Below
Cheap Fishing Tackle

#5 Guest_Alan Taylor_*

Guest_Alan Taylor_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 01:35 AM

Originally posted by carpheaded:

You are not alone mate, most of my carp fishing is just a day or if my mate starts sulking a night and day.
I am not complaining either but a bed chair, sleeping bag, stove, bivvy, etc are the same for a night as for a week, all you need is more grub, bait etc.

Lets give it a chance and support Elton and AN.

Tight lines
Alan(nl)

------------------
ANMC Founder Member. Support Anglers Net & reap the benefits, join ANMC today.

#6 Guest_Gaffer_*

Guest_Gaffer_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 01:44 AM

Hi all, I've just posted this under the 'what is a session' thread. Posted Image

I think one thing is becoming very clear in that everyones idea of a session is different.

At the end of the day we are all brothers of angle prepared to help and be helped by fellow brothers. Posted Image

Forum catagories are just that, catagories, not boundaries. Posted Image

------------------
All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

#7 Guest_Elton_*

Guest_Elton_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Gaffer:
Forum catagories are just that, catagories, not boundaries. Posted Image

That's right, Gaffer. They are there to prompt the beginnings of discussions. It's forum members that make forums, not titles or rules.

Tight lines,

Elton

#8 Guest_mpbdsnu_*

Guest_mpbdsnu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 02:23 AM

I'd also like to thank you for all your hard work in getting this off the ground - so - thank you Posted Image

#9 Guest_Chris Goddard_*

Guest_Chris Goddard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 06:40 AM

Not my cup of tea! But having said that WELL DONE YOUNG ELTON!!! Long may you rein?!!?
Keeps 'em off the streets as well I suppose???

Chris

Join the ANMC like me!!

You KNOW It makes sense!!

#10 Guest_thecarpangler_*

Guest_thecarpangler_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2001 - 09:58 PM

Good move Elton.
I'll tentatively dip my toe back into the water......

Rik