New Guy From the States

racewire20

Hi and welcome.

You gotta be careful though. I wandered in here in 2000 and haven't left.

Ever do any buffalo fishing on Lake Wylie? I haven't been since a few months before the water got so low they closed some launch ramps.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

After you stated planning on making new friends i did not understand one thing :D .

Welcome and enjoy a remarkable angling cyber club.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hi and welcome.

Ever do any buffalo fishing on Lake Wylie? I haven't been since a few months before the water got so low they closed some launch ramps.

A buffalo is a bovine, not a fish, silly.... Imagine catching one of them on a hook and line :rolleyes:

Welcome racewire, I've just arrived too. Well actually I think I was here about 6 years ago, but my memory is only 3 months long I can't be sure....

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Hi and welcome.

Hi Newt, Norrie on WSF asked if I knew you. Don't hardly do any fresh water fishing except on occasion In a small farm pond, But may get more in,........ in the future.

I'm suffering severe cabin fever, can't wait till next month to get back to the coast.

By the way, what the heck is "buffalo fishing"?

"By the way, what the heck is "buffalo fishing"? "

Buffalo fishing is ... fishing for buffalo.

Buff look a lot like carp but without barbels and they get larger. Harder to catch too. Smallmouth buffalo are merely difficult. Largemouth buffalo are nearly impossible since they are mid-water filter feeders.

Lake Wylie holds the largest ones I know of with the lake record & State record at 88 lbs. Look toward the bottom of this list.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg03_fishing/pg3c2.htm

And a great photo with a smallmouth buff & a carp together so you can get an idea of the difference.

http://blog.texasbuffaloadventures.com/200...april-2008.aspx

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"By the way, what the heck is "buffalo fishing"? "

Buffalo fishing is ... fishing for buffalo.

Buff look a lot like carp but without barbels and they get larger. Harder to catch too. Smallmouth buffalo are merely difficult. Largemouth buffalo are nearly impossible since they are mid-water filter feeders.

Lake Wylie holds the largest ones I know of with the lake record & State record at 88 lbs. Look toward the bottom of this list.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg03_fishing/pg3c2.htm

And a great photo with a smallmouth buff & a carp together so you can get an idea of the difference.

http://blog.texasbuffaloadventures.com/200...april-2008.aspx

Did not realize those were in Lake Wylie. Looks like a pig of a Japanese Gold Fish (carp).