carp fishing !

Guest happychef

Guest happychef

hi fellas' just a quickie here,i've just bought myself a FOX frontier pod with all the trimmings,2xMAVER JURRASIC carp rods and 2x6000 BAITRUNNERS and guess what,yep you got it i don't know too much about carp fishing so if any of you guys out there who live not to far from the harrow area (terry are you there)are willing to show me the ropes i'd be very grateful,i'm not to keen on session fishing at the moment i just wanna be shown how to set up the pod and how to knock up a rig or two,i've been fishing for a few years now so i know quite a bit already (coarse wise),it's just that i fancied a bit of carping now and again,hope this ain't taking the p**s.

tony,

aka happychef, smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

THANKS.

Guest RobStubbs

That's a brave move buying the 'setup' without the experience (I'm not trying to sound rude). I personally opted for one rod when I started although I did have to teach myself initially, once I'd decided I liked the fishing then I slowly bought more bits.

Anyway not a great time of year to start but ideal for practising rigs etc and reading up. I started with Kevin ________s Carp Fever which is dated but still well worth reading. I would offer to show you how to set up (or at least how I fish) but you are a bit far away from where I am, and even further from where I fish. If no-one else offers and you can travel then feel free to get in touch (RobStubbs@aol.com).

Rob.

P.S. I'm in North Herts - probably about 1 1/2 hours from you.

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, another helpfull book is the Korda Developements - Advanced Rig Book.

I'm only an hour away from Harrow (South Northamptonshire) and like Rob if I can help in any way just let me know. wink.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest happychef

Gaffer cheers mate i'm gonna take that offer up i think,it may be a while but i'll mail you to sort out when it's conveinient with you if that's ok,thanks again for the offer is it best to wait for the warmer weather ?

all the best,

tony,

smile.gifchef