Brotel! the time has come guys! help is needed!!!

carping_mad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but why dont you have a look at the shelter/shelter delux from Millets, the delux version cost about £20 and it is basically like a small shelter with a front door on it (the delux part is the front door) they come in green as well and look ideal for fishing, I have just bought one but I havent used it yet.

The Evo Classic comes with all but one of the poles already in place. You just fan it out and connect them into two spreader blocks. Once you have practiced the technique, you can erect it almost as quick as an umbrella. Get someone to demonstrate it to you first though.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

As promised, here's a picture of my Brotel, with my brolly to the left of it & my Nash Outlaw Hurricane to it's right (& no, there's not a dead body in there).

brolly2.jpg

The Brolly & Brotel are both about 5' tall (although the spike on my brolly is bent so it won't push in all the way). The Hurricane is about 4'4" tall.

The Hurricane won't fit into my rod holdall, which is why it quickly got the boot, whereas the Brolly & Brotel both fit OK, with the Brotel being much the lighter of the two, but, after a batism of fire (well, wind & rain) I think I need a couple of storm poles.

Hope this helps.

I took delivery of my Brotell deluxe today from Cheshire Fishing and Guns Direct: Cost £37.99 + £6.50 p+p. Please note it is very light but I have been out today and bought 6 tent pegs to peg it down and I will use me old brolly guy ropes as neither of these are supplied as standard.......... BUT I AM HAPPY :D:D:D

By the way guys, I ordered it Saturday!!!

[ 12. April 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Nice one kleinboet! Thanks matey.

Rabster >> Thanks mate! looks like its gona be an on the main frame jobby then :D

But my hurricanes case was never that big! you ask Ferret1959, he's got it now, but my case was about half the size of that one! wat on earth is in it?

In my one there was 3 sets of poles, pegs guy ropes, and the canvas! so what the smegs in yours! lol. although mine doesnt have a front to it, but its too big for the swims i fish in, hence why i got rid of it, and wanted something smaller.

I have a feeling that if i was to get the bedchair brotel i would have the same problems, the same as if i got the Evo, but will look into them still, got to raise the dosh next then il cant wait until after me GCSEs to get out there and try out me new stuff! i got new alarms! new sticks! nd rigs, ne bait! maybe a new chair if i can find one and get rid of this one. but will have to see!! :D

Ooooo! cant wait now :P

carping_mad:

But my hurricanes case was never that big! you ask Ferret1959, he's got it now, but my case was about half the size of that one! wat on earth is in it?

In my one there was 3 sets of poles, pegs guy ropes, and the canvas! so what the smegs in yours! lol. although mine doesnt have a front to it, but its too big for the swims i fish in, hence why i got rid of it, and wanted something smaller.

My Hurricane bag is actually missing a couple of things that came supplied with it. The bag of pegs are now in my Brotel bag & the rather large groundsheet, which I've got covering my BBQ at the moment.

So the bag would've been even bigger with them added.

It does, however, include the full front panel that you didn't have, other than that, it sounds the same.

You've got me thinking now. I may discard the front panel & see if it will then fit in my holdall, if so I'll use the bivvy again the next time the weather forecast is a bit icky.

nice one mate, you should be able to unzip the front pannel right off, thats how most of them are built me thinks, and dont take the groundsheet either, (unless your planing on sleeping there, althou with a good quality bed and bag you wont need it anyway. lol. but thats how min worked, no groundsheet, or front cover, and worked brilliantly fully water proof, as i said i wouldnt have got rid of it if the swims hadnt shrunk in size :P lol

Also mate, how small does yours fold down, i belive mine folded down to about the same size in width as your one maybe a little bigger, but about half the size of your one, and it would be even smaller if the pole sections werent as long. lol.

[ 12. April 2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: carping_mad ]