What's Worse?

Guest Elton

Cold, rain or hot?

For me, I hate fishing in the rain. Sometimes, I don't even want a run, 'cos it means getting wet and getting back into a bivvy with damp clothes!!

The cold I can just about handle (it's worse when you're beach fishing in the winter!) and I just love hot weather.

How about you?

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest mpbdsnu

Hi Elton. Personally, I hate extremes of all three!

Cold: I can put up with to a degree, as its easy to wrap up warm, but you have intricate work to do such as tying a new rig or something like then it unbearable.

Rain: as you have already stated, getting back in the bivvie after getting wet is awful - and if its cold as well!!

Hot: I like it warm, especially into the evening by the lake - a can in one hand, receiver in pocket, curry in the other - what could be better, unless the alarm sounds that is! But I don't like it too hot, as if I'm doing a fairly long sess then there is nowhere to go to get away from it. The bivvie too hot and its too hot in the sun.

If I had to make a decision between all three then it would be the cold, as then (such as now) the fishing goes off!

Guest Ferret1959

Like Happy I don't like the wind,the rest no probs but wind no way. I've got some wind chimes down the back garden and if I can hear them it's to windy for me to fish.

------------------

Dave

Guest bushwacker
Originally posted by Elton:

Cold, rain or hot?

Hi everyone, first time reply for me

the thing that i hate the most is if I get wet when I am setting up, you can`t get dry , you can`t get warm,& as someone else said you can`t tie rigs etc properly.

If i`m doing a night or 2 and i think it`s going to be cold I (don`t laugh) take a hot water bottle with me & boil the kettle on the coleman,it`s lovely 7 warm in the sleeping bag then.

The wind I don`t the cold northerly winds even if it`s at my back to darned cold for me

For me, I hate fishing in the rain. Sometimes, I don't even want a run, 'cos it means getting wet and getting back into a bivvy with damp clothes!!

The cold I can just about handle (it's worse when you're beach fishing in the winter!) and I just love hot weather.

How about you?

Elton

Guest STEVE PARSONS

Whether the weather?

i like it all in moderation,a nice stiff breeze ,light rain- heavy showers are ok as dry out in between,temperatures in the mid to high teens suit me just fine.

------------------

Guest Steve Burke

I can't stand the heat. That's why I do most of my fishing in the winter, although not for carp then.

I'm lucky as, up to a point, I can choose when to go fishing and so can miss the extremes of weather.

Worst weather? Thunderstorms! I'd hate to be playing a fish with a carbon rod when there's lightning all around!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Vagabond
Originally posted by Steve Burke:

I'd hate to be playing a fish with a carbon rod when there's lightning all around!

Right Steve, that's one of many reasons why I continue to use my Mk 4s smile.gif

------------------

Vagabond

Guest Wordbender

Don't feel the cold - never have, really, but I detest sticky heat. Easy to get warmer, impossible to cool down short of a soak in the lake, fully clothed, in case the rods scream off.

Rain and wind gets seriously boring after an hour or two, but thunder storms are the coolest things on God's earth, especially when the lightning rips across the sky.

Oh yes - I likes lightnin', I do. wink.gif

Terry