Carp Writers

Guest Elton

Guest piscary

You can't beat Terry Doe's writing if it's entertainment you want. He is the best in the whole world - he told me this himself, so I know it's true!

I've read some of his carp fishing stuff and it's had me in hysterics, particularly the bits where he describes his tackle and technique.

Can't understand why Elton keeps turning him down when he offers, nay begs, to write for Anglersnet.

T.D.'s a very sensitive bloke and I've lost count of the times he's cried himself into a stupor, on the phone, when attempting to get to grips with yet another refusal from our illustrious editor.

There's only so much counselling a fellow writer can offer at such a time. Give the man a chance, Murph. Trust me - he's good.

Rosie x

Guest Wordbender

Oi, mush! Any more out of you and I go public with the lap-dancing story, ok? eek.gif

And don't think I've forgiven you for knicking my 'other' 30, either! Now then. smile.gif

Terry

Guest piscary

scary

Originally posted by Wordbender:

Oi, mush! Any more out of you and I go public with the lap-dancing story, ok? eek.gif

Well, there's gratitude for you! I was only trying to help you realise your burning ambition to get an article published on Anglersnet. And that's TAP dancing. I don't know anyone with a lap.

And don't think I've forgiven you for knicking my 'other' 30, either! Now then. smile.gif

Yes, you have. I borrowed it anyway - gave it back, din't I? smile.gif

Rosie x

Guest Steve Burke

Whilst Terry and Rosie haven't written carp books they aren't half good! Both are very funny and write professionally - as you can tell from their postings on the Forum.

Terry kindly gave Peggy permission to use an article about his school days in her club magazine. If you're a dog fan you'll just love his humourous articles in Dog World. (Is that the right title, Terry?). And if you want advice about wildlife, Terry's your man.

I've got Rosie's (Piscary) book "The Fishing Widow's Guide", which is hilarious - I must get you to sign it Rosie when you come to Wingham. Rosie's very perceptive about human nature and I especially liked her chapters about sea fishing. The book is called "The Fishing Widow's Handbook" and the ISBN ref is 1-86105-007-0.

Both have written a lot articles, a few of which you'll find in the articles section of Angler's Net.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Vagabond

Yes, I enjoy Mark Cunnington's humour, but Mr Gibbinson must take the prize for the wittiest piece on carp fishers I have ever read - it was in Carp Magazine and was aimed at Wannabe Carpfishing Writers. I can't remember the exact words but part of it went something like this :-

"Articles should be illustrated, if possible with pictures of the author holding a carp. However, in the absence of such pictures, some magazine editors will accept photos showing the baring and display of well-known carp fishers' buttocks.

These photos are extremely popular with many readers. Although the purpose of this activity amongst carp anglers (and football fans) is unclear, its biological significance in groups of baboons and chimpanzees has been well documented"

I thought I would share that with those of you who had missed the original.

------------------

Vagabond

Guest piscary
Originally posted by Steve Burke:

Whilst Terry and Rosie haven't written carp books they aren't half good! Both are very funny and write professionally - as you can tell from their postings on the Forum.

That's really nice of you to include me here, Steve, but it isn't false modesty when I say that Terry really is miles better than I'll ever be. He'll prob'ly shout at me for saying that but it's true, so I don't care smile.gif All I do is muck about, ask Tim Paisley, he'll confirm.

BTW Carp book in germination stage at the moment. Written not from a 'widow's' perspective but from one who eventually joined in. I'll let you know when it's ready for publication - just gimme five years, or so.

ATB

Rosie x

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by piscary:

That's really nice of you to include me here, Steve, but it isn't false modesty when I say that Terry really is miles better than I'll ever be.

Sooooorrrrrrryyyyy! You can crawl all you like, young lady - I STILL won't forgive you for swaggin' me furty-paahnder!

Nope, won't do it, can't make me. wink.gif

Terry