at it again

matt&shevonne

DES TAYLOR IS AT IT AGAIN NOT CONTENT WITH SLAGGING OFF THE ANGLERS WHO LIKE TO HAVE A DRINK OR A SMOKE WHILST FISHING NOW HE HAS STARTED ON THE FISHERIES IN THE ANGLING TIMES THIS WEEK

IS THIS BLOKE FOR REAL?????????????

HE THINKS THAT IT IS BAD FOR THE FISH TO HAVE A LOT OF FISH IN THE WATER THAT WEIGH A LOT AS IT IS BAD FOR THEM I THINK HE HAS REALLY AND TRULY LOST HIS HEAD

DES TAYLOR STOP SPITTING YOUR DUMMEY OUT

IF THE NRA HAVE GIVEN THE OK FOR THE FISHERIES THEN IT IS OK AND IM SURE THE LAST THING THE FISHERIES WANT IS TO BE HARMING THERE FISH BE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT THEN AGAIN YOU ARE A SAD MAN WHO LIVES IN THE DARK AGES :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without having read the article, it’s a little difficult to comment. However, with Des you have to remember he’s made a living from courting controversy. Love him or hate him, one thing you can always credit him with is that he always speaks his mind - and he’s not bad at putting a few fish on the bank, either.

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Des, and whilst I’m not saying I agree with him on every issue, I’ve always come away with a smile on my face.

The words ‘pinch of salt’ spring to mind.

Julian

[ 03. September 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Julian ]

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Please don't post in ALL CAPS. Very difficult to read and even more difficult for those of us with old eyes.

I also haven't seen the article. But if he is against overcrowded puddles, I'm not sure I could disagree with him.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Please don't post in ALL CAPS.

Julian and Newt, give these 2 new comers to anglers-net a chance, at least they are contributing :) which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of a-n folk.

Posting in Capatals is shouting but to some people it is just another way of expressing there opinion, Ok they are shouting but they possibly don't know it.

As for "oh dear darling I have not read the article BUT I think..........................

or how about I did'nt read the book but I think...............

If you aint read the bloody article how can you comment on it :confused:

OK ready (again) for some stick in my defence of these new comers to anglers-net.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Some things are worth shouting........

WELCOME TO ANGLERSNET!!!!!!

[ 04. September 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Colin Payne ]

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Colin Payne:

Some things are worth shouting........

WELCOME TO ANGLERSNET!!!!!!

Anglers-Net.co.uk You can be excused missing out the hyphen considering the red one on the top of the page has not been changed YET :D

I am just wondering how I can change the AN embroidered badge on my fishing waist coat :( :confused: :D

For newcomers the badge is one of the things you get when you join Anglers-Net Members Club (ANMC) and help to support this great site :cool:

Alan(nl)

[ 04. September 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Alan,

Old address now works - http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Alan,

Is that what we call a 'toy out of pram' moment?

quote:

Julian and Newt, give these 2 new comers to anglers-net a chance, at least they are contributing which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of a-n folk.

Which is exactly why I replied - to encourage debate.

quote:

As for "oh dear darling I have not read the article BUT I think..........................

or how about I did'nt read the book but I think...............

If you aint read the bloody article how can you comment on it

Which is exactly why I make *no* direct reference to the article in my post.

Can I have my ball back, please?

Julian :D

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

I did read the article and thought it was a reasonably well written opinion.

Thats what it was.......his opinion.

Des Taylor isn,t the only "personality", who is "qualified" to talk/write on a subject and does so in a way to court controversy.

Whats the name of that bloke on Pop Idol (or some similar programme)?

Quite a few anglers are sick of the "herbal ciggys and white wine brigade", that are populating some of our lakes and rivers.

Fortunately, they seem to be a dying breed.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Julian:

Alan,

Is that what we call a 'toy out of pram' moment?

Can I have my ball back, please?

Julian :D

Probably Julian but it served its purpose.

No you can't have your ball back :P

How do you do that thing with your text then mine in a box then yours again etc :confused: It is a very handy tool :)

I just hope they keep posting.

Oh just had another thought on ANMC, there are loads of prizes to win in the comps, some are a bit difficult but the others are fun. If you aint in you cant win. Another good reason for joining ANMC besides keeping this site going

Alan(nl)