at it again

matt&shevonne

matt&shevonne:

IF THE NRA HAVE GIVEN THE OK FOR THE FISHERIES THEN IT IS OK AND IM SURE THE LAST THING THE FISHERIES WANT IS TO BE HARMING THERE FISH BE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Environment Agency have had very little input into a lot of these venues. Many of them have been stocked with little thought of Section 30's or indeed planning permission and are purely there as a source of income for the owner. If the fish are poor quality then provided there's plenty of them and they sell day tickets then all is fine. After all, small carp are cheap to buy in bulk.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Des and the fella is spot on with his comments.

I've met Des, he's got more personality than anyone I've ever met. One thing about Des is that if he was mixing with toffs he's make them laugh, and if he was down the local or in the dole queue he'd get on well with everybody.

He's a passionate angler, and is very keen on making sure the sport has a future, a bright one as well, instead of a drug and drink spoilt one.

I found his comments about too many big fish a bit weird, especially as he's been fishing the Monument lake [ :D ]

:P

I do agree that it is wrong to have to many large fish in a small area but DES TAYLOR SHOULD PRACTICE WHAT HE PREACHES!

im sorry if i ofended some of you with my capital letters i just got carried away :confused: but as for the last comment i just read about drugies and drinkers that spoil it that is total crap!! i quite enjoy sittin in the evening watching the water smoking a joint with a can of larger i suppose that makes me druggy in fact the last time that i went night fishing i had a few joints and at 8pm i caught a 10lb bream and at 11.30pm i caught a 16lb 15oz mirror carp and i was stoned and a woman so does that mean that i ruined it for others no far from it. the only people who ruin it are those that either dont really know what they are doing or those who have no respect for the fish or there surroundings ie the **** heads and there camp fires :( i cant remember seeing anyone fishing a shooting up!!!!!!!! or doing a few lines of coke

all im sayin is that des taylor should move with the times and respect that others are different as long as they respect what they are doing no probs :D and think about what he is saying before he blurts it out :)

Drink is for the pubs.

Drugs are for the streets.

Neither have a place by the bankside.

I would hate to be unhooking a lively fish in the night knowing that I wasn't 100%... if you know what I mean.

Slow reactions can cause a safety risk to the fish.

Des is right. You're the minority and you're wrong.

Yes, it makes you a druggy, and I'm surprised you're allowed near a fishery.

I'm also surprised at your lack of common sense to admit your drug intake at the bankside on a public forum.

You may not be damaging the environment, but you're damaging the sport.

You ruin it for others by leading a bad example. There are a lot of young anglers, who will see your antics and could follow suit. Whereas the rest of Joe Public will just be intimidated by you.

If I was fishing near a swim full of drunks and stoners, I'd probably go home.

Des has thought long and hard about what he has said, you haven't.

Goodbye.

[ 05. September 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Woodzzz ]

nonsense woodzzz and you know it, we're not talking about fishing whilst blind drunk, or so stoned you can't keep your eyes open. i regularly take a few tinnies when i go fishing and sometimes smoke a spliff or two as well, this in no way affects my fishing ability. this blinkered, ignorant and small minded attitude does no one any favours. why shouldnt someone with tins of beer or an eighth of weed be allowed on a fishery, does this make them bad people? unsuitable for the genteel world of angling? as for setting an example to younger anglers, whats wrong with them seeing someone having a couple of beers responsibly, whilst still enjoying fishing, and of course disposing of the litter afterwards? as for them seeing people smoking joints, they would have to be pretty close to you to know it wasnt a roll up, and if they knew what it was they'd probably already been exposed it somewhere else.

alcohol and drugs can cause a lot of problems, but used in moderation on the bankside they only serve to enhance a good fishing trip

Handling a large fish, on an unhooking mat, in the dark, is difficult enough, without being impaired by drink and/or drugs.

Of course, the few tins and couple of spliffs haven,t affected you at all. :rolleyes:

Its nice that some anglers take their beer cans and wine bottles home, many more don,t.

Its got to be the most common litter found around lakes.

If I needed drink or drugs to, "enhance a good fishing trip", I think I,d take up another hobby.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

For me I don't take a drink to the bankside......nothing wrong with it though but it make me sleepy........not much point in going out to have a kip....as for a smoke...well I know a lot of people who go out fish and relax in this way.......in the modern high pressure world of commerce it's almost a must and can stop a person going out of their head....wind down chill out relax .... most things are good for you if done in moderation...... if one can go out into the countryside and enjoy all it has to offer....come back home feeling relaxed and good about yourself then that's a proper day.....each and every person has the right to do what it takes to achieve this.....it's really nobody else's business what another person does as long as they treat other people, the countryside and the fish and fowl with the respect thay deserve.....long live individual taste and habit.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Cranfield:

Handling a large fish, on an unhooking mat, in the dark, is difficult enough, without being impaired by drink and/or drugs.

Too right. If people think it doesn't affect them, then they should check out the figures in drink drive deaths. The majority of drink drive incidents are caused by people who've had 2 or 3 drinks, rather than excess amounts.

Cranfield:

If I needed drink or drugs to, "enhance a good fishing trip", I think I,d take up another hobby.

Too right. If you need these extra things to enjoy your fishing, again, you shouldn't be on the banks.

This is fuel for the anti's.

I'm glad I don't fish where you fish.

we're talking about drink fishing woodzzz, not drink driving i cant see the relavance.

i never said i 'need' to enhance my fishing, i choose to on occasions, drink and (some) drugs are after all mood enhancers, thats why people take them. fishing is in itself a relaxing activity, thats why some people choose to relax further in whatever way they choose.

sound comments from little tinca, just because you dont either understand or agree with something doesnt mean its wrong, everyones different, woodzzz, it really doesnt matter to me if you choose to be so small minded and blinkered, and it shouldn't matter to you what i and thousands of other people choose to do while we're fishing

believe me woodzzz, i'm just as glad as you are that we fish in different places.

Hmmmm,

Interesting subject this, and one that requires a degree of (dare I say it) ‘balanced thought’. First things first; the use of cannabis and alcohol is fact of everyday life. Rightly or wrongly, both are used every second of every day the world over, and not just by anglers – they are just as popular with those running (and whilst running) global economies and governments.

To try and dismiss the use of alcohol/drugs and moreover, dismiss those who partake, is quite simply a blinkered approach which will only ever lead to confrontation. To say it gives the anti’s ammunition is also a bit of a sweeping statement – I’ve met many anti’s and sab’s; most of which have had *more* than enough of each before engaging in their activities.

As with all things, moderation is the key. The last thing I want to see is drunken yobs on the bank, yet to have a couple of cans on the bank after a hard weeks work – well to be honest, where on earth is the harm? Remember, fishing is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby, not a prison sentence.

There’s no doubt that too much will impair ones ability, but again I come back to moderation.

What's more, some of the biggest carp fishing advancements in terms of bait and strategy came about through pioneers who enjoyed more than a smoke or two on the bank, people who would rather lay down and die than be accused of ‘harming fish’ or damaging the sport. Worth thinking about.

As I say, a modicum of reasoned approach is needed on this one.

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!