Bivvys, which ones???????

Brad Jones

Hi,

im 13 years old and i dont ave much money but im lookin 4 a cheap and good bivvy that i can use overnight that doesnt get to much condensation and is nice and cosy and is easy 4 a 13 year old to erect nd unerect.

with help from you brilliant english people im really hoping you lot can help me find a good enough bivvy for me.

Im a really desparate carp angler and i would really like to fish nights.

Thankz in advance for or your help

yours sincerly

Brad

(P.S. frosty Merry Christmas santa )

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ya Brad, dont think im getting at you but at 13 i think your a tad young to be out all night fishing, there are plenty more years for you to be doing that.

That aside there are plenty of brollys big enough to accomadate a bedchair for sort sessions on a cold day m8.

Nash, Fox and many others do these brollys, you also might wanna look on e-bay you might pick up a bargin on there .

I hope this helps you.

Regards Clint

get them out as young as possible ,so long as their safe on a club water little harm will become of it (depending on club rules) and it gives their parents a rest from their continual whining.

for the summer nothing more than a brolly is needed ,you can make your own sides if needed to keep the wind out .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

get them out as young as possible ,so long as their safe on a club water little harm will become of it (depending on club rules)....

Sorry dont agree m8, what if your club water is leased and is a rat run for drunks coming home from the pubs and clubs???? a tad iresponsible i think, yes they do need to learn and at 13 im sure they have enough time to do that without the risks in this day and age of fishing out at night on there own.

Regards Clint

tell you what, wrap em up in cotton wool, never let them out of your sight, then be surprised when at 18 they go off the rails when they're finally allowed out of the house on their own.......

as chesters said, as long as they are safe, on a club water, which the parents have checked and are happy with. i'm sure brad wasn't planning on going alone, kids should allowed to live a little, within reason......

quote:

So what your saying is that you think its perfectly ok for a 13 year old to be out on a lake all night on his own ?

i used to night fish when i was 10 with no problems to me or others ,the trouble comes when its a group of kids one gets bored and then the egging on comes etc.

a single kid is far less trouble than a group

safer in my days ,well no! i know that pedo's existed even then it just was there was a fear of the police and getting caught that kept them in check ,no fear about that nowadays so you seem to encounter them more.

so long as its a club lake theres always someone night fishing on there somewhere so there safer there than on the streets :)

there seems to be be a strange disease of mollycoddling nowadays ,houses too clean and kids not allowed to be kids :confused: all mine grew up ok as even the girls only had the barest rules to follow ,not one (even the boy) got pregnant under 18 as they respected the fact they were trusted to look after themselves,and if the parents take the time to explain what REAL life is outside the home they are prepared for it (well they MIGHT meet werewolves )

anyone with grown up kids will have realised that the more you restrict a kid the more they get upto when they are allowed out ,call it rebellion or whatever ,if you give them very little to rebel against most of the reason for doing it melts away.

i never took them to where they wanted to be in my car but i occasionally did pick them up (and i mean occasionally) if they could get out of the village they certainly were able to get back ,seems a bit mean? no! it made them self reliant ,once they were 18 they were no longer kids and could do whatever they liked whenever and wherever they liked i no longer had any responcibility for them ,i actually do more running about in the car for them now theve left home than i ever did when they did .

[ 28. December 2004, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hmmmm, touchy subject. :(

Must admit I used to spend many nights out when I was a kid (13/14 yrs old) Mostly spent with a mate. Just too bloody spooky on your own! ghost

Suppose times have changed now, what with paedos and what have yer. Saying that, at least parents can keep in contact with their young 'uns more easily via mobile phones.

I don't think I would let a youngster out on his own for a night session but would feel a lot more at ease if he went with a friend. Especially if it was a safe club water without easy access (ie not en route from the pubs etc)

Most younger people are at threat from youngsters of a similar or older age who when in gangs find a young angler easy prey. To be honest it makes me sick that these yobs find sport in bullying a lad out on his own or vastly outnumbered by mindless thugs.

The youth of today eh !!!

ive been night fishing ever since i was 13 and have only once ever came into trouble but i had my mobile with me which was helpfull. I think that as long as you have a mobile and the bailiffs number then you should be fine.

I prefer going fishing on my own and find it more fun.