Gaffer's Banksticks

Elton

Rumour on the bank is that Gaffer's banksticks had a speck of dust on them. Obviously, he was distraught and was left with only one possible course of action....

So, Gaffer, what replacements did you get in the end?

:P

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry gaffer, i will ensure the swims are free from loose debris the next time you fish with us. i suggest you use "bank stick skins" to help keep your banksticks clean and fresh.

atb

**sam**

mpbdsnu:

I have a nice feather duster he can borrow   :D     :D     :D

Is is made of stainless steel?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well, as you know I'm not one to gossip :rolleyes: ....but Gaffer fished at our lake once and his winter skin hadn't even been PRESSED!! I definitely saw a wrinkle, and Tone was certain that at least TWO of the pegs had muck on them.

Then there's the TOTAL lack of designer cammo! I ask you - how on earth does this fellow expect to catch, when he doesn't have the good sense to kit himself out as a hectare of woodland? One despairs, truly one does.

Obviously, I was shocked at this disregard for what really matters in this sport of ours, and after seven committee meetings and a dozen power-breakfasts with our style consultants, we've decided to ban Gaffer from our lake until he bucks up his ideas and stops treating the bankside like some grubby refugee camp.

Buzzer-bar spirit levels would be a start, but he's got a long way to go before he meets OUR standards, let me tell you.

Harumph!

Terry

P.S. Forgot to mention that Gaffer ALSO neglected to floss the mesh of his landing net, AND it was pointed out to the committee that his 'headtorch' runs off a common bulb, rather than the expected array of l.e.d.s. We're reasonable people, but standards are standards, non?

TD

[ 14 March 2002, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

**sam**:

LOL terry!

gaffer, you can always slum it down the road at horton with us lot.  but then again, *i* would brush up *my* act to fish the syndicate pit.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Ok, ok, I admit to being a Tackle Tart of the highest order, perhaps not to the level of our dear friend Tone, but none the less I do have a stainless fetish! :rolleyes:

So, Tel, I've taken your lead and I've stepped into the relms of being a Camo Cousin as I know this is where my weakness lies.

However, unlike your good self and Tone I've gone for safety first, as you should, and this is my first, albeit token, Camo purchase.